Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #16
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I see nickel, libnickel.so.1.0, revinfo and uImage as changed. That is the Glo package. I haven't checked the original Touch package.
That's interesting - when I do a proper diff on those files (I had noted the uImage one) I see they are different - the check I did relied on CRC for the files and they came out as the same.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
That's interesting - when I do a proper diff on those files (I had noted the uImage one) I see they are different - the check I did relied on CRC for the files and they came out as the same.
If we had a way to uniquely identify every file in 32 bits, we'd have the ideal compression algorithm.

I think that most people have moved on to MD5 though, in cases like this, a direct comparison is probably more efficient.
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #18
BWinmill
Nameless Being

The PDFs aren't refreshing under 2.5.1 on my unit either. Original Kobo Touch for what it's worth. And I managed to "fix it" by setting the screen to refresh on every page.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #19
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
It's a bit like Apple's combo updates for OS X. They are large, but they will allow you to go from the first major version of a release to the current point, or point-point release. Though from the sound of it, this will upgrade from a wider version of previous firmware versions, probably from stock to the latest.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
It's a bit like Apple's combo updates for OS X. They are large, but they will allow you to go from the first major version of a release to the current point, or point-point release. Though from the sound of it, this will upgrade from a wider version of previous firmware versions, probably from stock to the latest.
That's pretty much it, and I rather like it that way since it's always possible to reset your Kobo to the way it was when you bought it then upgrade to the version you want. (Just in case you botched a hack or Kobo botched an update!)
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A little feedback from Kobo about the 2.5.1 release:

Quote:
The dictionaries not working for some people is fixed. Also the store category names should be in your language.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #22
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
A little feedback from Kobo about the 2.5.1 release:
Quote:
The dictionaries not working for some people is fixed. Also the store category names should be in your language.
Can somebody please confirm whether the Dutch, Japanese, and Portuguese definition dictionaries are working again?

Last edited by tshering; 04-24-2013 at 10:00 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #23
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
There seems to be a new bug, there is too much white space on the footer, and when the glo first wakes up the white space runs right over the body of the text!! If you advance a page and go back that problem goes away, but there is still way too much white space being used (more so than before).
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #24
Regular John
can i pass it?
Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Regular John , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
[QUOTE=davidfor;2492584]A little feedback from Kobo about the 2.5.1 release
I have a problem with 2.5.1. It just doesn't get installed and i tried syncing 3 times. Don't know what to do because with importing 2.5.0 i lost availibility of my custom en-pl dictionary.
Regular John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #25
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, the broken Dutch dictionary with fw 2.5.0 works again with fw 2.5.1.
But this was very easy to fix as it only involved replacing the unencrypted for the encrypted dictionary file.
Other bugs are still not adressed, not even old bugs that occurred first in 2.4.0 or older.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #26
Tiburscyo
Tiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
The portuguese dictionary now works fine on 2.5.1 firmware.
The problem with "ghosting" in pdf has been resolved.

thanks.
Tiburscyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Glad to see they've released a follow-up version to address some of the other issues. Folks, please keep posting what fixes and new bugs you're seeing from this version... I'm waiting to see if the fixes outweigh the new glitches and make it worth doing the update
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #28
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Something has changed, Italics and bullet lists no longer work in synopses. Italics appear as normal text. Each item in a bullet list appears as a simple paragraph, no bullet or indent. They worked in 2.4.0 (haven't tried 2.5.0).

Otherwise everything seems good with this version.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #29
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@GeffR. Basic markup HTML codes also didn't work under 2.5.0 anymore.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
What is going on in the Kobo development process so that things that used to work are now broken? What kind of version control do they have? It is all very puzzling...
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote