Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo Team Member Introduction

Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Robin and I am the UX Lead for the Kobo Arc.

I am joining this forum to talk to our users and answer questions about the Arc.

Hopefully I can help out if anyone is having any issues.

I must warn you now, I can in no way get anyone faster Customer Service support or refunds or free devices and/or books.

Let's do this.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
we need more kobo robins, ie touch robin, glo robin, etc...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
hehehe. I'll see what I can do.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
I'd imagine more of a lead time is required for that...
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wish there was your counterpart for the Kobo Glo on this forum ...
For Q&A purposes.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Wish there was your counterpart for the Kobo Glo on this forum ...
For Q&A purposes.
coming...
Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Welcome to the forum, not after a new tablet at the moment, but looking forward to reading more about the Arc

Any chance of getting the Kobo Android peeps on the forum also
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Welcome Robin
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Thanks for the welcomes. Please, anyone who bought an Arc so far, please speak up and let me know which one you got.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
I always wondered what it was you did here
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
I always wondered what it was you did here
Behave!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #12
Myguel
Myguel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo arc
Hello Robin,

This seems to be a question that many are wondering, and that your input may be very valuable. Ultimately, what is the benefit of choosing the new Kobo Arc over the Nexus 7? The question has be posed and answered at length in a previous thread, but I was wondering if you could offer a systematic comparison. Here, the Kobo Arc and the Nexus 7 are sold side by side in many stores, notably the Chapters-Indigo stores that do so on purpose, with a very slight difference in price (the Arc is 20$ cheaper). Now, the Nexus 7 is a tablet that has proven itself in the past, while the Arc has yet to make its reputation. What would you say to convince someone who will be buying a tablet this holiday season to convince them to buy an Arc over a Nexus?
Myguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Any ideas as to when the Arc will be available in the U.S.?
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobo-Robin View Post
Hi all,

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Robin and I am the UX Lead for the Kobo Arc.

I am joining this forum to talk to our users and answer questions about the Arc.

Hopefully I can help out if anyone is having any issues.

I must warn you now, I can in no way get anyone faster Customer Service support or refunds or free devices and/or books.

Let's do this.

What an excellent initiative!!!

Welcome to Mobile Read, and may you enjoy the rest of what this Forum has to offer in your out of hours capacity.

BTW .... yes, I know this is not the place .... but .... Kobo Glo still has not arrived in Australia although it was supposed to have several months ago.

Please don't respond, I know it's not your area, but would appreciate your passing that info on to whomever.

Thanks and enjoy!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myguel View Post
Hello Robin,

This seems to be a question that many are wondering, and that your input may be very valuable. Ultimately, what is the benefit of choosing the new Kobo Arc over the Nexus 7? The question has be posed and answered at length in a previous thread, but I was wondering if you could offer a systematic comparison. Here, the Kobo Arc and the Nexus 7 are sold side by side in many stores, notably the Chapters-Indigo stores that do so on purpose, with a very slight difference in price (the Arc is 20$ cheaper). Now, the Nexus 7 is a tablet that has proven itself in the past, while the Arc has yet to make its reputation. What would you say to convince someone who will be buying a tablet this holiday season to convince them to buy an Arc over a Nexus?
A good question that I can actually answer :-)

First off let me say that I am an Android user. I love all things Android. I have a Galaxy Nexus and I have a Nexus 7. I will try not to be bias ;-)

First off let's look at Nexus 7 benefits:

- Google updates: having a Google device means you get all of the latest Google updates. Of course like other companies we are not in the loop until a new version is announced. After we are given the new version we need to makes everything work on our hardware and then we need to get certified with Google. All of which takes times. It is no secret that we are working on a jelly bean update

- GPS: people can argue why this is needed but for a wifi only device we didn't see a need.

- HDMI: I know people want to look at everything as a tablet vs tablet fight, but our core audience is book readers first. This was nota must have vs cost.

- OTG: See HDMI

- Quad Core: Do a quick google search and you will see plenty of arguments about which is faster/better. Fact is, pretty much everything out there today runs beautifully on our device. You will find a lot of boring benchmarks where the dual core outperforms the quad.

Understand, i realize that I have most likely left out a lot of details that I'm sure people will jump all over me for but I can't be arguing about everything being a voice for the company and all that jazz.

Now for the Arc

Internally: I think the the 7 has us but not by much which leads me to....

Price: I am amazed as where pricing has gone in the past year.

ID: I LOVE the design of the Arc, it feels so solid in the hand. I am super happy with how the build quality came out. I hope some of our current owners will pipe in here.

Tapestries: Being in the field I'm in i become the de-facto tech support for my family and friends. I am always getting calls about how do I do this and how do I do that which serves me well. With Tapestries we wanted to alleviate issues the average user has. We wanted to make sure the experience was a) not a grid of icons that make finding items hard to find. b) not difficult to find your items that you saved. Again I will let current owners chime in.

Discovery: That bar at the bottom of the screen pays attention to what you pin and will bring back items that it feels you may be interested in seeing. (your privacy is your privacy). It will find references in the book you are reading and show you more information or related items. Think wikipedia.

At the end of the day I can only list the items we added to stock Android 4.0.4.

I hope that helps.