Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #331
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Interesting to hear that the Bern Saga is getting re-released. That could be a good thing. I'm all about the silos at the moment, but once I feel like I'm done with that, I was thinking of going back to earlier days and trying out Molly Fyde. I've actually seen some people state they preferred this series to Wool so it doesn't look like it will be dreadful.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #332
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Molly Fyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Interesting to hear that the Bern Saga is getting re-released. That could be a good thing. I'm all about the silos at the moment, but once I feel like I'm done with that, I was thinking of going back to earlier days and trying out Molly Fyde. I've actually seen some people state they preferred this series to Wool so it doesn't look like it will be dreadful.
I've read 3 of the 4 and have the 4th lined up near the top of my TBR list. They're YA, if that makes any difference to you, but it's a blockbuster story arc and the characters are quite likeable.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #333
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
That was quick! The Shift Omnibus is now available at Amazon! Thanks Hugh!

If I wasn't 90% finished with 11/22/63, I would just start reading the Shift series, but since I should be done with it today, I suppose I can wait till I finish this one.

Going on a business trip this afternoon which means plenty of reading time in the evening for the next few days since I won't be home! Yay! I don't like to travel much for work, but this will help make it better.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #334
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yay! Snapped it up. Now I just need to jam it in my reading plan somewhere.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #335
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Wait... is this the three books that come after the Wool omnibus? I've been meaning to read those, but got distracted with another book in the meantime... maybe I should grab this! :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #336
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Wait... is this the three books that come after the Wool omnibus? I've been meaning to read those, but got distracted with another book in the meantime... maybe I should grab this! :-)
Yes it is. It's the prequel to Wool, published afterwards.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #337
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Yes it is and, from what I have heard, yes you should.

Also noticed that in the description of "Third Shift: Pact" Hugh provided the following reading order in case anyone wants to step in and start them now. It is important to not read SHIFT before WOOL:
Quote:
Reading Order:
1. WOOL (5 parts)
2. SHIFT (3 parts)
3. DUST (1 part)
And then there is this quote from the Shift Omnibus description:
Quote:
The saga concludes with DUST, which will be available in late 2013.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #338
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ Good post.

One thing I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know why it's called Wool?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #339
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
^ Good post.

One thing I've been meaning to ask, does anyone know why it's called Wool?
When you read it, it [should] becomes clear... if you've already read it, and still don't know:

Spoiler:
That's what the cleaning pads were made from...
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #340
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
When you read it, it [should] becomes clear... if you've already read it, and still don't know:

Spoiler:
That's what the cleaning pads were made from...
Thanks. I have read it, but I thought maybe there was something deeper than that.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #341
caleb72
Indie Advocate

There has been some discussion on that, and I think you can get deeper meaning from the word quite easily. I can't remember if it was what the author intended or not.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #342
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
WOOHOO!!! Shift omnibus is on Kobo, loves me some promocodes!!

IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #343
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've always:
Spoiler:
felt there was a certain sense of irony (or maybe futility) to the fact that wool pads were used by the cleaners thinking they were giving those left inside a better view (or maybe not; just why "everyone cleaned" was a fascinating topic itself within the silo), when in fact, the simple act of "cleaning" played an intrinsic role in the inhabitants having the wool pulled over their eyes for so long.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #344
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
An omnibus! Must get it to go along with the Wool omnibus. Maybe the Molly Fyde series too!(I wonder if there'll be an omnibus for that?) Nevermind that I have hundreds of ebooks to read already. Haha
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #345
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
An omnibus! Must get it to go along with the Wool omnibus. Maybe the Molly Fyde series too!(I wonder if there'll be an omnibus for that?) Nevermind that I have hundreds of ebooks to read already. Haha
If he's re-releasing Molly, maybe he'll put out an omnibus as part of that? Might take a while though.