Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #16
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
I think (although I could be wrong) it's to limit costs. I am a member of several libraries, some offer only 2 e-books, one 3, one 5 and one 10, and the same number on the reserve list. The ones with the lowest are also the smallest and have less money.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My three primary libraries allow 20, 25, and 30 items to be checked out at any given time. For items on hold, you have 4, 5, and 7 days to check them out after receiving email notification.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #18
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My three primary libraries allow 20, 25, and 30 items to be checked out at any given time. For items on hold, you have 4, 5, and 7 days to check them out after receiving email notification.
I'd be in heaven with that
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheendofdays View Post
I'd be in heaven with that
Move to Seattle

Not only do they have very generous lending terms, they're also three of the largest ebook libraries according to:

Your Library's E-book Results --- The Rankings!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
Tome Keeper
Addict

Quote:
Move to Seattle

Not only do they have very generous lending terms, they're also three of the largest ebook libraries according to:

Believe it or not I want to emigrate in a few years to Washington State Will have to remember libraries as a pro for Seattle.
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Believe it or not I want to emigrate in a few years to Washington State Will have to remember libraries as a pro for Seattle.
Washington is an excellent choice. What part of the state did you have in mind?
Old 04-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #22
Tome Keeper
Addict

Quote:
Washington is an excellent choice. What part of the state did you have in mind?
Near the mountains is as far as we have got so far. Need to build up work experience here before we start seriously considering all the details, as visas are so hard to get.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #23
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Move to Seattle

I've found they're also great about adding ebooks and audiobooks based upon patron request -- there was an obscure ebook on my To Be Purchased pile that I noticed it was available in the Overdrive catalogue, so I asked for it, and it was included in the next monthly batch of new acquisitions, along with another book that the library owns, but I noted in the comments field that at well over 1000 pages the ebook is much easier to read than a whopping print tome.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Near the mountains is as far as we have got so far. Need to build up work experience here before we start seriously considering all the details, as visas are so hard to get.
The greater Seattle metro area is a great place to live. With a population of over 3 million people, it's just minutes away from the ocean and an hour from the mountains.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 PM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've found they're also great about adding ebooks and audiobooks based upon patron request -- there was an obscure ebook on my To Be Purchased pile that I noticed it was available in the Overdrive catalogue, so I asked for it, and it was included in the next monthly batch of new acquisitions, along with another book that the library owns, but I noted in the comments field that at well over 1000 pages the ebook is much easier to read than a whopping print tome.
That's cool. I haven't made any requests yet, but glad to see they'll accommodate.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #26
Tome Keeper
Addict

Quote:
The greater Seattle metro area is a great place to live. With a population of over 3 million people, it's just minutes away from the ocean and an hour from the mountains.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #27
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Wow, I am getting really jealous! I thought Chicago was terrific, but the CPL is 6 books, and my suburban library is 5. (But then I convinced my family to get library cards. Not to check out books, but to put on holds.) However, lately I find I am ordering pbooks more than ebooks. Not that big a selection in ebooks, even though I like romances.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #28
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
My home library allows 50 books to be checked out at any given time.

Unfortunately, my home library is broke and can't afford to add any new books.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #29
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
[QUOTE=Catlady;1511980]My home library allows 50 books to be checked out at any given time.
QUOTE]

My chin just hit my chest! 50 ebooks at one time! Of course, unless you had a really long check out time, you could never get to them all.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:22 PM   #30
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Fifty print books -- or 50 Overdrive downloads?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote