Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
JhamishW
JhamishW began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
books disappearing

I use calibre and download books, then send them to my kobo - a day later or two I turn on the kobo to read the book and Kobo cannot find all the books in memory - this is a daily issue - so I have to import the books to my kobo again
and again different books disappear and have to be imported again - obviously we are not amused
JhamishW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
suedenim
Connoisseur
suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.suedenim ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox
Try an alternative reader like Aldiko or Cool Reader and browse to where you think the books are been saved on your Kobo.
suedenim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhamishW View Post
I use calibre and download books, then send them to my kobo - a day later or two I turn on the kobo to read the book and Kobo cannot find all the books in memory - this is a daily issue - so I have to import the books to my kobo again
and again different books disappear and have to be imported again - obviously we are not amused
I'd bet that the internal microSD card is failing. I've had similar symptoms on other Android devices that were fixed by replacing the memory card. I'm assuming that your device is out of warranty, but if you're willing to brave opening the back and booting a computer to Linux, you can copy the contents of your old card onto a new one and replace it. There's a wealth of information in this thread.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
JhamishW
JhamishW began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Thanks for the replies - I have tried Aldiko and it works - think i will also get a new microSD card as a back up plan
JhamishW is offline   Reply With Quote