Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-21-2020, 02:13 AM   #1456
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
but it'd be nice to be able to chain together several sequential search & replaces in one click.
Would be great!
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:25 AM   #1457
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Not sure if this is already possible in some capacity (thought it might've been in Job Spy's scope, but if it is I can't find it), but it'd be nice to be able to chain together several sequential search & replaces in one click. After I download a fanfic, I:

1. Convert the url: identifier to ao3: or ffnet:
2. Delete url:
3. Delete the @cleanup tag.

Would prevent the occasional brain-fart where I do #2 first and then wonder why it's not converting right. (OTOH, this is the kind of thing that could very easily screw up someone's library if they misused it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Would be great!
It's come up quite a few times over that last several years - but nothing comes of it.

I use AHK scripts for a few frequently used tasks - e.g. convert->count pages->modify->sigil.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #1458
Orr101
Orr101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Ipad, Kindle/Android Phone
Thanks, sounds useful and practical
Orr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:01 AM   #1459
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Another plugin that would be helpful is to create an ORIGINAL_EPUB on demand (e.g. to use the comparison tool to see what changes a plugin made, or as a temporary backup in case a FanFicFare overwrite goes wrong). Currently I just use Polish ePub to re-embed the cover.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #1460
AJLane
Member Retired
AJLane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
simple log of books shared via email

I have looked and have not found a plugin. What I would like is a simple option on the share books by email preferences where you could select an option to create a simple log of book title and author and the destination email address. An enhancement might be a list of information that could be selected or not to be included in the log (date, time, etc.).
Thanks, I have used Calibre for years.
AJLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:10 AM   #1461
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLane View Post
I have looked and have not found a plugin. What I would like is a simple option on the share books by email preferences where you could select an option to create a simple log of book title and author and the destination email address. An enhancement might be a list of information that could be selected or not to be included in the log (date, time, etc.).
Thanks, I have used Calibre for years.
I doubt that sort of plugin would ever be developed. That would make it too easy to share eBooks that should not be shared.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:41 AM   #1462
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I doubt that sort of plugin would ever be developed. That would make it too easy to share eBooks that should not be shared.
Huh? The share by email already exists. It is used by people to send books to their Kindle accounts. All they want is a way to know what they have sent and when.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:59 AM   #1463
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Share by email is already built-in...
Old 10-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #1464
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Share by email is already built-in...
But he wanted a Log of when that was done. (assumes the debug log is WAAAY to verbose )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #1465
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I know, I was responding to JSWolf.
Old 11-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #1466
trungng2006
trungng2006 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
I would like a plugin that can search a string of text and return the location URL.

Currently, each book viewer/reader have their own highlight format. The only common thing you can extract is the highlighted text themselves. So i think it would be nice to have a plugin which you can paste the extracted highlights and the plugin will paste the URL under each highlights.

It would be even better if the extracted highlight can be integrated into the calibre highlights (using the calibre highlight structure, start/end cfi)
trungng2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #1467
trungng2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by trungng2006 View Post
I would like a plugin that can search a string of text and return the location URL.

Currently, each book viewer/reader have their own highlight format. The only common thing you can extract is the highlighted text themselves. So i think it would be nice to have a plugin which you can paste the extracted highlights and the plugin will paste the URL under each highlights.

It would be even better if the extracted highlight can be integrated into the calibre highlights (using the calibre highlight structure, start/end cfi)

I think this plugin could be the combination of "annotation plugin" and "power (full-text) search plugin".
First, the plugin would import highlights from device via annotation plugin. The annotation will match calibre book ID and import annotated text.
Then Power search will search the "annotated text" within each book (via book ID).
The results is integrated into calibre highlights/annotation.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #1468
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@trungng2006 - firstly most plugins are initially developed by people who need them.

Secondly have you looked at the possibility of using the recently developed Action Chains plugin as a possible means of combining the Annotations and Power Search plugins.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #1469
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trungng2006 View Post
I think this plugin could be the combination of "annotation plugin" and "power (full-text) search plugin".
First, the plugin would import highlights from device via annotation plugin. The annotation will match calibre book ID and import annotated text.
Then Power search will search the "annotated text" within each book (via book ID).
The results is integrated into calibre highlights/annotation.
Have you actually looked at the Annotations plugin? It does get both the highlighted text and the annotation made. And it puts this into a column in calibre. That means you can search that using calibre's built in search.

The real problem is that not all devices or apps store the annotations in a way that can be read. Mostly it is because the annotations are stored somewhere that cannot be accessed when the device is connected. Or they don't have an export function. The next reason is that someone needs to write the code. Which basically needs access to an appropriate device or app.

Actually, the real problem is that no-one has implemented the only standard that I know of for annotations. The only one I know of is part of the ePub 3 standards. I have never heard of this being implemented anywhere. And of course it doesn't apply for apps or devices that do no support ePub 3.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:46 AM   #1470
trungng2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@trungng2006 - firstly most plugins are initially developed by people who need them.

Secondly have you looked at the possibility of using the recently developed Action Chains plugin as a possible means of combining the Annotations and Power Search plugins.

BR
I have read the action chains plugin thread, i did not see how to return the location url. But let me install it and try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have you actually looked at the Annotations plugin? It does get both the highlighted text and the annotation made. And it puts this into a column in calibre. That means you can search that using calibre's built in search.

The real problem is that not all devices or apps store the annotations in a way that can be read. Mostly it is because the annotations are stored somewhere that cannot be accessed when the device is connected. Or they don't have an export function. The next reason is that someone needs to write the code. Which basically needs access to an appropriate device or app.

Actually, the real problem is that no-one has implemented the only standard that I know of for annotations. The only one I know of is part of the ePub 3 standards. I have never heard of this being implemented anywhere. And of course it doesn't apply for apps or devices that do no support ePub 3.
I did install, but so far unsuccessful to in fetching the highlighs from my kindle.

I understand the part about different annotation styles and accessability. Would it also be possible that the annotation plugins have a template for users to paste in their highlights? By providing a template for user to paste in their annotation, its provide the user with an alternatives to import their highlights in my opinion.

Furthermore, rrom what i read (in the annotation plugin thread and the website), I think the current functionality of annotation plugin is great. But what i was looking for is to further integrate the annotation with calibre book by linking the annotated text with the calibre highlights/annotation
So when i export the annotation from calibre annotation browswer, i can have book ID, start CFI, and spine index to create the highlight URI that i can access from another program

Last edited by trungng2006; 11-23-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe