Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-02-2020, 12:23 AM   #1441
jburnsiii
jburnsiii began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
I would love to see a simple check box on the list page. I have a column for Yes/No where I decide if I am interested in the books I have in my Calibre. Just a fast way to say yes or no, but it takes a bit more time to click the box and then choose Yes and then click away. Just a simple check box for whatever reason for faster sorting.
jburnsiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #1442
Orr101
Orr101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Ipad, Kindle/Android Phone
Plugin Idea: Way to add alternate Covers to books

In general, Calibre has one cover per book.
many books have several editions, with different covers, which are sometimes worth preserving. Since Calibre itself does not have the facility, a Plug in couold help.

This can be in the form of holding "sidecar" metadata that points to additional cover files, or by editing suitable eBook formats, adding the images of the alternate covers into them. I have done the latter manually, as per a throead I found by some googling.
Orr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #1443
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr101 View Post
In general, Calibre has one cover per book.
many books have several editions, with different covers, which are sometimes worth preserving. Since Calibre itself does not have the facility, a Plug in couold help.

This can be in the form of holding "sidecar" metadata that points to additional cover files, or by editing suitable eBook formats, adding the images of the alternate covers into them. I have done the latter manually, as per a throead I found by some googling.
I put the extra covers in a flat zip, then add that to the book (I use Ctrl+C copy, and Add books->Paste from clipboard) it is renamed as CBZ, which i can view with a comic reader.

If the Book is a comic format (e.g CBZ), I put the extra covers in a RAR and add that to get a CBR.

Also see the Media File Importer plugin.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:48 PM   #1444
Diggadiggadance
Diggadiggadance began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Thumbnail Viewer

Hey guys,

I've sifted through the thread and haven't found anything related to this, so here I am.

I've been looking for a plugin/add-on to Calibre that lets me view all the pages of a single book at once through thumbnails. I mainly use Calibre for manga/comics, so it'd be really nice to have the ability to skim through swaths of pages at once.

I actually would use this feature a lot; I'm the type of person that likes to go back and re-read awesome moments. It's just that, at the moment, I have to skim through entire books (hundreds of pages) one page at a time, and it's killing me.

Thanks everyone!

DDD
Diggadiggadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:53 AM   #1445
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggadiggadance View Post
Hey guys,

I've sifted through the thread and haven't found anything related to this, so here I am.

I've been looking for a plugin/add-on to Calibre that lets me view all the pages of a single book at once through thumbnails. I mainly use Calibre for manga/comics, so it'd be really nice to have the ability to skim through swaths of pages at once.

I actually would use this feature a lot; I'm the type of person that likes to go back and re-read awesome moments. It's just that, at the moment, I have to skim through entire books (hundreds of pages) one page at a time, and it's killing me.

Thanks everyone!

DDD
Honeyview, my default comic reader, has an option to show image thumbs in strip. I sometimes get into it by mistake by hitting Enter. Maybe there's a comic viewer that shows a grid which might suit you better.

BR
Old 10-16-2020, 04:04 AM   #1446
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Is there a plugin that will update reading status for books read only in the viewer, not on a device?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:20 AM   #1447
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Is there a plugin that will update reading status for books read only in the viewer, not on a device?
If you mean a Viewer plugin, I know of no such plugins, nor even if they're possible - yet

BR
Old 10-16-2020, 04:26 AM   #1448
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If you mean a Viewer plugin, I know of no such plugins, nor even if they're possible - yet

BR
Well at least I know now that I asked in the right thread
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:03 AM   #1449
Diggadiggadance
Diggadiggadance began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Honeyview, my default comic reader, has an option to show image thumbs in strip. I sometimes get into it by mistake by hitting Enter. Maybe there's a comic viewer that shows a grid which might suit you better.

BR
I actually use Honeyview right now!
It's just that Honeyview's thumbnail viewer is not that good...
The thumbnails are really low resolution and I can't see the images in a grid.
The comic viewers that DO show thumbnails in a grid don't have the innate image quality (Lanczos interpolation) that Honeyview has.

I never win.
Diggadiggadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:42 AM   #1450
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
YACReader has a "go to flow" that shows small thumbnails that's easy to skim.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #1451
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggadiggadance View Post
I've been looking for a plugin/add-on to Calibre that lets me view all the pages of a single book at once through thumbnails.
Not exactly what you've described, but a workaround I've been using (in Windows Portable 4.21; I've not tested in Linux and don't have Mac):

I hate CBZ/CBR/EPub format and read my webcomics/graphics/etc as individual images in IrfanView, so I link to the actual (unzipped) image folder. Calibre will accept a Shortcut file as a drag-and-drop to create a new book with Author: Shortcut and Title: {whatever folder/file is target}. Note that "Add files to selected book records" won't work with shortcuts - it follows the shortcut and either sits waiting (if the shortcut is to a folder) or imports the single file (if you chose a file in your target folder).

Copy and paste metadata from your existing book (if it is already in Calibre with your desired metadata), and if desired, use "Add files to selected book records" to bring the CBZ/CBR/EPub/whatever other files you have in the prior book entry into the new Shortcut book. If you prefer to keep the Shortcut separate, you can have two entries, or you can consolidate into one book and get rid of the older one once you have everything together.

For my "going all portable" kick, I also found a way to create a batch file that would let me specify a portable program to open the linked image. Calibre accepts a .bat file just as easily as any other file, but my security programs kick up a fuss every time I activate a .bat they haven't seen before, so I may stick with just the shortcuts.

For the EPub format graphic novels, I've found that some of them get weird with the image numbering to make it hard to get the images in the right order without leaving it in their EPub. Seems like it's about control. I've mostly steered clear of them after that.

Hope this helps!
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:06 AM   #1452
Sam Sahara
Connoisseur
Sam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litterSam Sahara doesn't litter

Device: lambda k21
beautyfing html/xhtml code into the editor

Calibre's editor has a good system for improving html/xhtml code and making it more readable. But sometimes there is a need for a more sophisticated and more configurable tool.
It seems to me that the ultimate tool for tidying up html/xhtml code is "tidy".
Would it be difficult to create a plugin to use "tidy" in the calibre editor?
If not, is there any way to reorder the code of an epub with tidy?
Sam Sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #1453
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't promise it'll work as intended, but you can right-click an xhtml file in the editor and "open file.xhtml with..." and add tidy to that list.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:51 PM   #1454
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I can't promise it'll work as intended, but you can right-click an xhtml file in the editor and "open file.xhtml with..." and add tidy to that list.
And if you don't mind taking the chance of breaking your epub files since tidy will make changes that are not compliant with the epub2 or epub3 standard. At least that was the case when I tried tidy in early 2018.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #1455
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Not sure if this is already possible in some capacity (thought it might've been in Job Spy's scope, but if it is I can't find it), but it'd be nice to be able to chain together several sequential search & replaces in one click. After I download a fanfic, I:

1. Convert the url: identifier to ao3: or ffnet:
2. Delete url:
3. Delete the @cleanup tag.

Would prevent the occasional brain-fart where I do #2 first and then wonder why it's not converting right. (OTOH, this is the kind of thing that could very easily screw up someone's library if they misused it.)

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-21-2020 at 02:15 AM.

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe