Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
What is the brand name of your refrigerator?

I decided to upgrade my refrigerator and realized that many different types and brands available on the market now:
http://www.ajmadison.com/Refrigeration/

For example I was very surprised that Maytag and Amana brands belongs to KitchenAid...

So what is the brand name and type of your refrigerator and what pros and cons it has?

Last edited by Kris777; 08-27-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
We have been die hard Sears Kenmore (I believe they are whirlpool) brand people from day one. I know some have had problems, but none on my end.

With the shoddy quality control on any appliance nowdays, I would definitely get the extended warranty, something I would not have done in the past.

but thats just me.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
A friend of mine just got a new fridge that looked really neat: It had a big freezer drawer on the bottom third, and French Doors on the top. It made it really easy to open either door without totally blocking the hallway entrance to her kitchen. I'm not sure what brand it was - I could find out - but it sure solved her problem nicely. It was pretty glittery stainless steel, too.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Our fridge is a GE. My only comment would be against getting a side-by-side, which is what we have. It's so hard to fit big things in the freezer. I do love the filtered ice and water in the door feature. And it's extra tall to fit large glasses or quart-sized pitchers, which I tend to forget and leave unattended until I realize that the pitcher is overflowing and water is spilling all over the floor. I do that way too many times than I care to admit. Sadly, I am so NOT a multi-tasker!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
A friend of mine just got a new fridge that looked really neat: It had a big freezer drawer on the bottom third, and French Doors on the top. It made it really easy to open either door without totally blocking the hallway entrance to her kitchen. I'm not sure what brand it was - I could find out - but it sure solved her problem nicely. It was pretty glittery stainless steel, too.
Though I like the look, I've heard (and seen) that the stainless steel shows scratches and dents, fairly easily. So, I wouldn't recommend for family with small children.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #6
sparky750
sparky750 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
We've got a samsung side by side, we've had it just over 12 months now and it's been great i love the water and ice dispenser. On our model the ice dispenser is built into the door giving a lot more room in the freezer.
sparky750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #7
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Fridges come with brand names? My favorite is "generic"
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
One, I've no idea, it was in the house when we bought it.

The other cooler/freezer combination is a Liebherr and the freezer is also a Liebherr. And when we'll redo the kitchen, it'll probably also be a Liebherr...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:21 AM   #9
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Electrolux, it's the same for cooler, freezer, stove and dishwasher
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 AM   #10
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I used to have an Amana for years and after not having it, it made me realise why it's worth it to spend money on a really good refrigerator. Trying not to freeze stuff in the one part of the fridge while keeping other areas super cold never used to be an issue with the Amana.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:09 AM   #11
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
LIEBHERR

Yes. It is the same company that makes the famous cranes.

You have to see one to appreciate the build quality and lots of ingenious details - see for example the detail of opening handle. If you need to carry it upstairs you will find out that is has massive comfortable handles molded into sturdy base so you can handle it with easy. Lots and lots of details ...

http://www.liebherr.com/hg/en/default_hg.asp
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #12
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Siemens here. With a wide digital lcd display + a network card option to control your fridge via a computer . Probably totally useless (the card).
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #13
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
Waeco for me; live on a yacht and it's a 12V camping fridge. Works fairly well, although hot weather taxes it overmuch, as does having too much stuff in it.
owlrigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #14
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I'm thinknig about French Doors on the top type but I didn't decide about brand yet. I foud many reviews that LG and Samsung provide almost no support if any problems with fridge so probably will choose between KitchenAid and GE
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Fridges come with brand names? My favorite is "generic"
hey ! i think we have the same fridge.
pros of my fridge : it's really small.
cons : it's really small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Electrolux, it's the same for cooler, freezer, stove and dishwasher
i wouldn't mind an electrolux fridge, mainly because i love that name. it sounds so futuristic-retro. makes me think of old radio amp tubes.

i like the LG brand also (my washing machine is lg) because of their slogan : "we work, you play" or something like that (i forget exactly).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote