Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
howtojb
howtojb began at the beginning.

Device: ko
is that possible to JailBreak PW4 with 5.12.1 fw

I read this thread :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312489

I had bought a Brand new PaperWhite 4 , when I received pw4, found FW version is 5.12.1(not 5.10.x)

anyone know how to JailBreak PW4 with 5.12.1 FW
howtojb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
In a surprising twist, <= actually *means* <=.

Shocking, right.

(So, yeah, that'd be a big nope).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
Blanksy
Banned
Blanksy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Shocking, right.

Other than opening the kindle, there is no way to downgrade the FW either, right?
Blanksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:59 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanksy View Post
Other than opening the kindle, there is no way to downgrade the FW either, right?
Not even over the serial port on a "Androidized" firmware/hardware combination.
Which includes your firmware/hardware combination.

TL;DR: No, not even via the serial port.

Buy a used PW3, give that PW4 back to Amazon.
That includes the original poster and all others hijacking this thread.

Last edited by knc1; 12-04-2019 at 05:02 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #5
marinai
marinai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 4/KPW-3/Kindle3/Pocketbook-Touch Lux3/Kobo-Elipsa
i have no doubt a solution will be found, eventually.... And for now, keep your kindle off the network and away from any updates.
marinai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #6
howtojb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
i have no doubt a solution will be found, eventually.... And for now, keep your kindle off the network and away from any updates.
I am waiting for that
Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 AM   #7
howtojb

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not even over the serial port on a "Androidized" firmware/hardware combination.
Which includes your firmware/hardware combination.

TL;DR: No, not even via the serial port.

Buy a used PW3, give that PW4 back to Amazon.
That includes the original poster and all others hijacking this thread.
thanks for your suggestion
pw4 is better than pw3, I will keep the pw4, and wait till the day which it can be JBed
Old 12-05-2019, 09:24 AM   #8
howtojb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Shocking, right.

surprising and shocking for what?
Old 12-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
That red actually means red.
Go figure.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marinai View Post
Keeping your Kindle just because you think it might be jailbroken is misleading. There's a very good change the days of jaibreaking new Amazon Kindles is over. seems Amazon Lab126 has learning from past jailbreaks and plugged the holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howtojb View Post
I am waiting for that
If you bought the PW4 in order to jailbreak it, send it back. Get a Reader that does or can do what you want without waiting for a jailbreak that may never come.

Last edited by JSWolf; 12-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote