Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
mudmother
mudmother began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HD8
Unhappy CC quit working

I am running Calibre version 3.7 and CC version 5.3.4.3 on a Kindle HD8. I was using CC yesterday to wirelessly move books to my Fire. I tried to add some more today and it would not connect. I haven't done anything different or updated any of my apps.
After reading some of the similar threads I tried to connect in Safe Mode and still had the same problem. My home network is a private network and made sure that the network discovery setting was turned on.

I have attached the debug log from Calibre
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre debug log.txt (2.6 KB, 10 views)
mudmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 03:35 AM   #2
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
That debug log says that some other program is using one of CC's network ports. This is very unusual. It could be that some piece of an old calibre instance is still running, or it could be that some antivirus is blocking that port. It also says that CC was able to ask calibre if it is there, so the wireless network is working.

I suggest that you reboot both the computer running calibre and the Fire. If that doesn't fix it then send me a CC debug log by going to CC's Settings / Other / Send a debug log to MultiPie.

NB: It is very hard to know whether something changed because antivirus programs update themselves silently.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote