Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Compatibility with 2.8x?

Hi

Are the recent versions of CC compatible with 2.8x series? Due to my system setup (crashes due to remote dipslay setup), I am unable to upgrade to the new 3.x version. I am wondering if I am able to use the most recent versions with the older server. I have not upgraded since the new 3x server came out because I am afraid that the new versions are not compatible with the older server.

thanks

Last edited by loviedovie; 08-21-2017 at 12:29 AM.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2017, 05:16 AM   #2
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

Are the recent versions of CC compatible with 2.8x series? Due to my system setup (crashes due to remote dipslay setup), I am unable to upgrade to the new 3.x version. I am wondering if I am able to use the most recent versions with the older server. I have not upgraded since the new 3x server came out because I am afraid that the new versions are not compatible with the older server.

thanks
Calibre V3 changes are mostly in the content server. I know of no reason that CC should not be compatible with older versions of calibre. I personally run CC with a V2 calibre content server because I am too lazy to upgrade the copy on my VPS.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Awesome, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Calibre V3 changes are mostly in the content server. I know of no reason that CC should not be compatible with older versions of calibre. I personally run CC with a V2 calibre content server because I am too lazy to upgrade the copy on my VPS.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote