Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Martin88
Martin88 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book 622
WI-FI connection problem

I have just got a Pocket Book 622 and can't get it to connect to my home wi-fi network. The network is working ok as I have a laptop and mobile phone connected without problem. My router is an ASUS RT-632. I did all the set up to my network and entered network key code. But the browser on my Pocket Book can't load a web page. I have manage to connect to another secure network in my office so my device is working ok. I tried accessing my router and turned off the firewall in case that was a problem but still it wouldn't connect. Has anybody got any suggestions of what else I can try?
Martin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Is it a hidden network? Does the name contain special chars? Which channel are you using?

Welcome to MR, Martin! And, if you by chance speak German - it's not possible to detect it from the name - come visit the German Pocketbook subforum. Although this international forum generally is a great place with many informations the Pocketbook 622 especially is much more widely distributed in Germany than anywhere else.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
Martin88

Hi Billi, thanks for the welcome and responding. Yes, my network is hidden but SSID has normal characters. Don't know about the channel , I'm only getting network connection failure on the 'test connection ' command. Well, I'm a Brit living in Moscow , my German too basic I think for German forum but working on my Russian!
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
The network doesn't work when hidden, if I remember right.

If you're living in Moscow and working on your Russian this site might be interesting for you, too:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=32
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #5
Martin88

OK thanks Billi, I'll give it a try !! I decided to unhide my network and then the pocket book found it and I was able to make the connection. When I checked on the router I could see the pocket book listed as a connection with the IP address but it didn't give any name to the device.Perhaps this functionality is not available with the pocket book. Anyway I'm in business with a connection so that's the main thing - not inclined to pursue the hiding again for the moment!!
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Jarekczek
Jarekczek began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
I had some problem with connecting wifi of my 903 with firmware 2.1.3. That was the reason to go back to 2.1.2, which worked without problems.
Jarekczek is offline   Reply With Quote