Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
llixgrijb
llixgrijb began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N16
Sound recorder in Hanvon n516 gone after upgrading openinkpot

I upgraded the firmware on my Hanvon N516 so I could read epub files. The upgrade was successful; I was delighted with the improved interface, the extra formats supported and better zoom.

However, the sound recorder bundled with the old firmware appears to have been erased! I would like to have that back. Are there alternative applications that I can download that will restore the sound recording ability on the Hanvon?

Also, how can I erase the games installed by openinkpot?

Thanks

Last edited by llixgrijb; 12-26-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by llixgrijb View Post
I upgraded the firmware on my Hanvon N516 so I could read epub files. The upgrade was successful; I was delighted with the improved interface, the extra formats supported and better zoom.

However, the sound recorder bundled with the old firmware appears to have been erased! I would like to have that back. Are there alternative applications that I can download that will restore the sound recording ability on the Hanvon?

Also, how can I erase the games installed by openinkpot?

Thanks

Original firmware and OI are incompatible. You cannot run "original" applications in OI and vice versa. But you can flash the original FW back:
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Device/N5...iginalFirmware

Btw, we are going to implement our own sound recorder soon.

It is possible to remove applications over ssh, but you should have some linux knowlegde. Just log in over ssh and use apt-get or dpkg.
Advert