Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
nickyg
nickyg began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
pdb files coverting to sony format

Hi

I apoligise if this has been raised and answered in the forum before however being new there is alot to go though.

I recently purchased a prs 505, however I have alot of pdb files already on my laptop which Sony doen't seem to support.

Can anyone suggest how I can convert these to the sony format?. I have tried the free ABC Palm Converter to PDF but this does not seem to work as all I get out of it is code, I'm also not very techie.

Thanks
nickyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The first thing to do is work out which kind of ebooks are in your .pdb files. If you don't know based on where you got them, there is a plain text "file code" that you can see with any text editor (e.g. NotePad), see wiki: PDB.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Try Calibre, it will convert your pdb files (if not drm protected) to the format you will need.
Check if you like the result.

Best regards,

Last edited by DDHarriman; 09-14-2009 at 06:24 PM.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote