Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Can you charge the Touch or other devices with the Vox charger?

So there's some special stuff, whatever that is, that lets the Vox know that the 2 amp USB wall charger is attached.

But can you use the Vox charger to charge the Kobo Touch or other devices? Obviously I'm reluctant to test this.

Edited: Added the word Kobo in front of Touch.

Last edited by TonyToews; 11-04-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Clarified the Touch is the Kobo.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
How would you do that? The touch doesn't connect with a micro-usb...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
How would you do that? The touch doesn't connect with a micro-usb...
Yes it does. And I have used a very similar (same juice numbers) wall plug to charge mine.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
iTouch...lol,my daughter has the Kobo touch, not me so it is not top of mind...

Last edited by Cdesja5; 11-04-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
iTouch...lol,my daughter has the Kobo touch, not me so it is not top of mind...
There's an iTouch? Oh yeah, I guess there is.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #6
kklee
kklee is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
The Vox charger works fine on my KT. It also works on the Verso rechargeable light.

Theoretically, since Micro USB is a standard, there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work. The Vox charger is just capable of delivering more current if a device needs it. I did notice that the Vox charger doesn't trigger the Touch's USB detection (unlike another USB charger I have).
kklee is offline   Reply With Quote