Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #76
morean51
morean51 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Okay, first of all, this thing was $100, so I wasn't expecting much. I am happy to report that it's not quite as bad as I thought, though.

7" touchscreen (no multitiouch)
700MHZ processor
Android 2.1
256MB DDR RAM
WiFi b/g
HDMI out
Mini USB and USB host capability
~ 6 or 7 hours battery life (depending on how I use it so far)
Speaker & Microphone
Micro-SD card slot (32GB max)
3.5mm headphone jack

I spent yesterday on slatedroid.com rooting it, and today getting Android Marketplace to work, but I'm happy to report that the marketplace does, indeed work.

I've installed Kindle and Nook software, plus the included eBook app, Twitter, Facebook, and a few more apps.

Not a bad device, really. Multitouch would be nice, but saving myself the $500 is nicer.

If you've got the time to tinker, I can recommend this as a reader/basic tablet.
that's cool device you got it man i was looking to buy it
morean51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #77
SandraMort
SandraMort began at the beginning.

Device: Craig
We got it rooted yesterday and I'm setting it up. So far, everything seems to be going smoothly! Kindle & Nook installed nicely and seem to work. Audible installed but isn't working. My SO thinks I need to reset my devices to get it to work, rather than being the Craig's fault.

Interestingly, I have a friend who is a manager at CVS. He said he's sold 5 units and 4 were returned. So I guess not many people know about fixing it. Spreading the word!
SandraMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #78
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMort View Post
Interestingly, I have a friend who is a manager at CVS. He said he's sold 5 units and 4 were returned. So I guess not many people know about fixing it. Spreading the word!
Of the returns, my guess would be that half of them are because they don't realize they can put the Android Market on there (which, to be honest, is most of the reason you'd want to root it), and half of them are for hardware issues. Quality control on these things isn't the best. I'm on my second one of these right now. My first one wouldn't power all the way up.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #79
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morean51 View Post
that's cool device you got it man i was looking to buy it
I can definitely recommend it, as long as you go into it realizing you're not buying an iPad-level device, and as long as you buy it locally, in case you have to exchange the unit for another one.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #80
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
I love this forum!! Not many "support groups" for this little tablet which sucks. Im constantly on here seeing what is being talked about next for this craig tablet lol. Thankkkkksss!!!
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 AM   #81
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by irep146jesus View Post
I love this forum!! Not many "support groups" for this little tablet which sucks. Im constantly on here seeing what is being talked about next for this craig tablet lol. Thankkkkksss!!!
You're quite welcome. You should also check out these threads on SlateDroid for the latest.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #82
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
I'm enjoying this little tablet! I've installed 4.2 and am encountering almost no problems. The only issue I have is that the Kindle for Android book reading screen seems to only lock in a horizontal position --- I can't get it to stay in a vertical position for when I'm reading in bed laying on my side. I'm going to install Cool Reader tonight and play with that. I'm surprised at how responsive this thing is, for what it is!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #83
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Yes it is quick!
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #84
bhartman36
Wizard

Glad to hear there are so many people here liking it.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #85
cubman
cubman began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Well mine is dead after a week.I have not done anything yet with it as far as changing a thing.It was stock out of the box.I called craig and they told me to return it.They have to a lot of problems with 2 techs said.I will just pony up more money for a lot better device and company.Thanks again all.
cubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #86
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman View Post
Well mine is dead after a week.I have not done anything yet with it as far as changing a thing.It was stock out of the box.I called craig and they told me to return it.They have to a lot of problems with 2 techs said.I will just pony up more money for a lot better device and company.Thanks again all.
Sorry it didn't work out, Cubman. My first one didn't, either, but the CVS I got it from is right across the street, so it was easy to do an exchange.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #87
bhartman36
Wizard

To sum up my experience with this tablet (so far):

You'll be happy with this tablet as long as:

1) You bear in mind that it's $100, and it's not an iPad.
2) You buy it somewhere that it will be easy to return to if you need to exchange it for another one.

I get a lot of good use out of mine.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #88
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

I had returned mine, but after thinking about it, tonight I had taken the wife out for dinner in another state. But upscale area they had a CVS but it sure didn't look like your typical CVS store. Anway I had walked in nice young girl had greeted me while she was hovering. First the tiny CVS branch is tiny, but anyway and had double back and asked do you have any of those tablets are sale still? She had looked at me odd. I know buy saying that tablets in drug store always get the wrong product. When I had mentioned the Craig Tablet she had still looked confused! I had to throw in a hint or two you know like an iPad type of PC tablet. Then she said OH yeah! She only one the one in the drug store on the counter next to those Sylvania netbook. But I just wanted to know the price on the Craig Tablet. It was $99, wow! Same price!

I had told her to ring it up! I also had my CVS Gift Card I had got when I had return the prior Craig Tablet. Since CVS doesn't give you back money when you use the 20% to 25% off coupon. I had printed that one off the internet, but for some strange reason it didn't go through. But the prior CVS store manager had overide it and gave me 20% off last week deal. Still I got more than $22 back to use on anything I and wanted at CVS. So I had use it on this new Craig tablet. $77 plus tax still better deal than last week saved $3 bucks.

Got it running now no issues wireless up and running.. I'll keep it as there isn't anything out there for $77 bucks with Android OS 2.1, 4GB NAND and 600MHz dual core 300MHz with 550MHz DSP CPU and CM3 Benchmark of 1,600.

I got to check out ROM and maybe I can make what I make for the Flytouch 1, Maylong and PanImage for HoneyComb or Google Prototype ROM.

Tablet #17 and the reason why I got another one it works the prior the panel distorted around the edges.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #89
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Tablet #17 and the reason why I got another one it works the prior the panel distorted around the edges.
Glad you gave it another try. Let me know how it works for you.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #90
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru

Still take 4 hrs to charge...

Launcher Pro shown above. Craft store sells for $3 buck a nice white stand you can adjust position you want to angle the tablet.

Last edited by tipstir; 03-12-2011 at 12:44 AM.