Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #646
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ they can't be making THAT much money off the content. This is crazy.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #647
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I don't know. Google is practically giving away 10GB fiber to the home in KC, just so they'll get the content sales.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #648
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The Gillette marketing strategy: Give 'em the razor, then sell them the blades!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #649
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
The Gillette marketing strategy: Give 'em the razor, then sell them the blades!
That kind of works when the razor is $4 to make and the blades cost $6. When the razor is $199 and the blades are $9.99 it is a much tougher proposition.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #650
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
That kind of works when the razor is $4 to make and the blades cost $6. When the razor is $199 and the blades are $9.99 it is a much tougher proposition.
What's a razor used for?

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #651
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
What's a razor used for?

Awwwwwwwwwww! This.can.not.be.real!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #652
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Awwwwwwwwwww! This.can.not.be.real!!!!
Tis real

Bearded Emperor Tamarin
Old 12-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #653
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
That's a Lorax, isn't it?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #654
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I finally have my BF purchases in hand! They had to travel thousands of miles to get to me and we're so happy to meet each other

Clip Zips are fully charged and ready to go (now listening to Adele on mine ) and getting acquainted with my Samsung Galaxy Player. Very happy that I took Blossom's advice and bought both the gel skin case and the faux leather case for the Player. Now I won't have a moment's hesitation just dropping it in my handbag 'cause it's so well-protected

Just as I suspected he would, my husband got in a tizzy over my SGP - "man, why didn't you buy me one too? ". I had to really sell the awesomeness of the Clip Zip to him. I think he's pacified (a little ) 'cause he's already set up his favorite radio stations and marveling over the sound quality.

Next step is sorting out the memory card and checking out apps ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #655
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Just as I suspected he would, my husband got in a tizzy over my SGP - "man, why didn't you buy me one too? ". I had to really sell the awesomeness of the Clip Zip to him. I think he's pacified (a little ) 'cause he's already set up his favorite radio stations and marveling over the sound quality.
Congrats on your new toys.

You know, it never fails. No matter how much you tell someone how great a product is, they don't believe it until they see you enjoying it. But then it's too late, because the sale is over.

The Sansa Clips are probably the most favored MP3 players here at MobileRead. It's my favorite tech gadget, because it's always with me. I have music, audiobooks, podcasts, and FM radio instantly available in a high quality, low cost, tiny package.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #656
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
That's a Lorax, isn't it?
LOL
Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #657
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
^ they can't be making THAT much money off the content. This is crazy.
I read once that The New York Times could give every subscriber a new kindle for free and switch to digital only and save enough money by not running the presses and physical distribution chain to cover the cost of the kindles. Oh, sorry that was a new kindle EVERY THREE MONTHS! The vast majority of subscribers are not really up for eReaders yet, but eventually I think eReaders will become commonplace enough that physical distribution will go away. It might take a couple more decades but eventually.
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #658
wgwood
Camping Fool
wgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three noteswgwood can name that song in three notes

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color w/CM 7.2
Sock Monkey Hats!

I know, wrong place to post so sue me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	free monkey.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	97708

Link

Regards,
Greg
wgwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #659
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
I read once that The New York Times could give every subscriber a new kindle for free and switch to digital only and save enough money by not running the presses and physical distribution chain to cover the cost of the kindles. Oh, sorry that was a new kindle EVERY THREE MONTHS! The vast majority of subscribers are not really up for eReaders yet, but eventually I think eReaders will become commonplace enough that physical distribution will go away. It might take a couple more decades but eventually.
That's amazing, but they must have very high running costs. I don't know about decades. Maybe a few years, until cheap flexible color eink displays are here! I'll be the first to get a subscription then
Old 12-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #660
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The Sansa Clips are probably the most favored MP3 players here at MobileRead. It's my favorite tech gadget, because it's always with me. I have music, audiobooks, podcasts, and FM radio instantly available in a high quality, low cost, tiny package.
Now I know why you guys love them so much - they're super! My husband has all but forgotten his envy of my SGP in his love for his Clip. It's loaded with his favorite music and he loves listening to the radio so he's happy as a clam

I love how simple it is to manage the content on there. I use MediaMonkey and it's a simple matter to plug it in and let MM sync whatever I want. I especially love that for my podcasts. I use the Audible Device Manager for their audiobooks; I haven't gotten around to loading MM with my non-Audible audiobooks yet (I keep them off my computer to save space; I think need to get an external hard drive just for audio content ). I'm very happy with my Clip
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote