Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #181
fool_on_the_hill
fool_on_the_hill began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Well, I just impulse-bought an M92, since it seemed to be the only compelling large-screen reader around (Amazon seem to have given up on the DX and the 9" PocketBooks haven't been updated for ages). I went for express delivery, so hopefully it will arrive over Christmas. I will try to post a review as soon as I can.

Last edited by fool_on_the_hill; 12-21-2011 at 07:14 AM.
fool_on_the_hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #182
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Order Date Total price Payment Status Invoice
#100262 2011-12-13 365,00 € Moneybookers Ready for Dispatch

I will try to post a review as soon as I can.
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:26 AM   #183
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fool_on_the_hill View Post
Well, I just impulse-bought an M92, since it seemed to be the only compelling large-screen reader around (Amazon seem to have given up on the DX and the 9" PocketBooks haven't been updated for ages). I went for express delivery, so hopefully it will arrive over Christmas. I will try to post a review as soon as I can.
What you say about the PocketBooks is not true. New firmware (2.1.2) is just out. Nevertheless, you've made an excellent choice. Congratulations!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #184
onesome
Connoisseur
onesome began at the beginning.

Device: GalaxyTab 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.a.k View Post
good news BOOxtor ,
I am in the UK, and I had paid for DHL Delivery, it there a chance to received before Christmas?

thnaks
DHL DE is a property of German posts and working with them is an adventure - you could wait a month or just two days. I’ve experienced both cases. So keep your finger crossed
onesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #185
a.a.k
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesome View Post
DHL DE is a property of German posts and working with them is an adventure - you could wait a month or just two days. I’ve experienced both cases. So keep your finger crossed
well, this was the most expensive option offered in the site. in the website its says its has been shipped but when you click the tracking link its says:

Shipment number
Status from Thu, 22.12.11 12:22 hours The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
Next step The shipment is being scanned in the parcel center of origin

which means its still at the store. I really start to lose hope of receiving it before Christmas
Old 12-22-2011, 05:53 PM   #186
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
well, this was the most expensive option offered in the site. in the website its says its has been shipped but when you click the tracking link its says:

Shipment number
Status from Thu, 22.12.11 12:22 hours The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically
Next step The shipment is being scanned in the parcel center of origin

which means its still at the store. I really start to lose hope of receiving it before Christmas
Don't panic!
All preordered M92 have been already dispatched.
I guess you have selected DHL Express. If it is so, then your DHL Express Package is on the way to you. Express Shipping is a special service of DHL and the packages are collected from different couriers as regular. It was picked up today and will be delivered on the quickest way. Some times tracking links don't show the tracking information immediately
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #187
headbam
headbam began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Same here about the tracking number during the day but now it has reached the final destination and probably is gonna be delivered tomorrow by DHL (I live in Northern Germany).
It seems as if I really can put it under the Christmas tree :-)
headbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:12 AM   #188
FOxy75
FOxy75 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Good news!

The first batch of m92 will arrive today (just got a message from UPS )
So we start to dispatch now.
Great reader: i'll buy it soon.

Only one question for Booxtor: how is it possible that from http://ereader-store.de you can sell the reader at 50€ lower than the official Onyx Europe Distributor?
FOxy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:14 AM   #189
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOxy75 View Post
Great reader: i'll buy it soon.

Only one question for Booxtor: how is it possible that from http://ereader-store.de you can sell the reader at 50€ lower than the official Onyx Europe Distributor?
First of all - THEY ARE NOT THE OFFICIAL ONYX EUROPE DISTRIBUTOR.
It is just a regular company from Netherlands that call themselves like this. But they aren't.

Onyx International does not have a special official Distributor for Europe. They have just some sole distributors in some European countries like Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Spain and Russia.
About prices - every trader is calculating his retail prices based on his particular economic situation and market expectations.
To stay competitive we are working with discounted prices at the moment, this explains the price difference to other shops.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #190
a.a.k
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Don't panic!
All preordered M92 have been already dispatched.
I guess you have selected DHL Express. If it is so, then your DHL Express Package is on the way to you. Express Shipping is a special service of DHL and the packages are collected from different couriers as regular. It was picked up today and will be delivered on the quickest way. Some times tracking links don't show the tracking information immediately
I am keeping my finger crossed!
the item status now shows:

Fri, 23.12.11 01:09 h
Köln, DE
The international shipment has been processed in the export parcel center

My last chance is to get it tomorrow, as i doubt if they will deliver on Sunday.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #191
a.a.k
Enthusiast

by the way, can anyone recommend a good reading light for 9.7 display?

thanks
Old 12-23-2011, 09:42 AM   #192
headbam
headbam began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Yaaay. Mine arrived today.
@Booxtor and co: Thanks for the good work and quick delivery! :-) I really like the device (it is my first ereader) and i am quite happy with it!

@all: Has anybody got an idea how i transfer files via WLAN to (and maybe from) the device? Obviously i am too dumb yet to do so
headbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #193
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
by the way, can anyone recommend a good reading light for 9.7 display?

thanks
I am using this one and fully satisfied with:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-led-f...ip-3-aaa-44804
Old 12-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #194
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
Those who got the product do post the review guys. How is the build quality ? how is the overall experience of the device etc.
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #195
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
@Booxtor, I am just curious, how much is the shipping to Canada? Have you shipped any M92 to this destination?

thanks
PF

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-23-2011 at 03:28 PM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote