Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #136
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
Mine showed picked up at 11:20 friday and that's it...i thought fedex did some package movement on the weekends.
Same here. no further updates. destination : LA.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #137
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
I just checked my status: Ready For Shipment! ESD: 10/05. I can't wait! Of course, the cover I ordered isn't going to be here until the end of October.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #138
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
You guys are all ahead of the curve. Newegg didn't even ship my T1, and I have no idea when it will....

Did anybody else ordered T1 from Newegg and got their pre-order ship notice?

Good luck to all.
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #139
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
still says PICKED UP on 9/30 ...no further information....

just called FEDEX they don't have the package...sigh. So what they did was generate the shipping code to get me to shut up about it.

Last edited by krighton; 10-03-2011 at 11:51 AM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #140
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Lame.

Mine is on the delivery truck now. I should get it today.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #141
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
Does anyone know what the release dates are in other countries? I've just ordered one (which will be my first e-reader) in the UK.
Sorry, but
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #142
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Called Sony, they said they have to update their system before Fedex can update their system??? I thought once Fedex takes possession then they should show it in their system.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #143
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
still says PICKED UP on 9/30 ...no further information....

just called FEDEX they don't have the package...sigh. So what they did was generate the shipping code to get me to shut up about it.
so what's the definition of picked-up? crazy! the email from Sony says that my order has shipped, so i'm taking it as shipped.

generation of shipping code should be written as "Shipment information sent to FedEx" as i have in another package shipment.

it's either confusion between Fedex and Sony, or we are getting more crap.

Last edited by lightforx; 10-03-2011 at 01:42 PM.
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #144
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by azxswq View Post
You guys are all ahead of the curve. Newegg didn't even ship my T1, and I have no idea when it will....

Did anybody else ordered T1 from Newegg and got their pre-order ship notice?

Good luck to all.
I ordered the red one through Newegg. That isn't supposed to ship until the middle of the month.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #145
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I ordered the red one through Newegg. That isn't supposed to ship until the middle of the month.
I am in the same boat, and I pre-ordered it back in 9/21. (The decision since 9/28 was whether or not to cancel it.) I also ordered the T1, RED.

The problem is, I don't know about you, mine since 9/21 always showed "available" on Oct. 2nd. Where did you get the middle of the month information? And right now, over the weekend, it is "on hold" and I don't know where I am on the queue or when they will have it.

Thanks Jersysman, good luck!
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #146
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
I ordered mine with the lighted cover on 9/15 I have been given three (3) different ship dates; 9/23/2011, 9/26/2011 and the last one was 9/30/2011. Still don't have it and the fedex tracking number still shows the reader as being picked up on the September 23rd.

I have had numerous emails to and from sony one even providing a $25 discount, but I am very disappointed in the way this has gone. I let sony know that if my order doesn't transition within the next 24 hours I'll cancel the order through the sony store.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #147
martingUSA
martingUSA began at the beginning.

Device: SRS-505
T1 arrived

got mine today, nice...
big step up from my PRS-505

anybody know how to get full justification on epubs?
martingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:42 PM   #148
krighton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
I ordered mine with the lighted cover on 9/15 I have been given three (3) different ship dates; 9/23/2011, 9/26/2011 and the last one was 9/30/2011. Still don't have it and the fedex tracking number still shows the reader as being picked up on the September 23rd.

I have had numerous emails to and from sony one even providing a $25 discount, but I am very disappointed in the way this has gone. I let sony know that if my order doesn't transition within the next 24 hours I'll cancel the order through the sony store.
they won't allow you to cancel it...sorry...already tried...they show it picked up so they think it's impossible to cancel a shipped item, even though it hasn't really shipped it's just sitting somewhere in their warehouse or a phantom number was issued to keep you from cancelling it (which i think is what they're really doing).

Last edited by krighton; 10-03-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #149
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Well maybe Sony reads these forums ;-), the tracking status at Fedex has finally moved to "in transit". Can't wait till it's in the last stage "delivered"!

Yeah!

Of course still no delivery date. At least there's progress.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #150
krighton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
Well maybe Sony reads these forums ;-), the tracking status at Fedex has finally moved to "in transit". Can't wait till it's in the last stage "delivered"!

Yeah!

Of course still no delivery date. At least there's progress.
if they do, i'd like that $25 refund please for having my chain yanked for the last couple weeks.

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1