Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Moon+ Reader Pro Quotation Mark & Link/Endnote Issues

Hello,

I have a Likebook Mars and have been using Moon+ Reader Pro for reading books. I mostly like the app but have had a couple small issues that weren't a problem when I was still using my iPad Mini and Marvin. The first is that sometimes quotation marks at the end of a line are moved down to the next line if it doesn't fit on that line. For example:

"A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.
"

I would rather the spacing between the words increase moving the last word to the next line or for the last word to be hyphenated than have just the quotation mark moved to the next line.

For example:
"A man who stands for nothing will fall for any-
thing."

Is there a way of fixing this issue? I have the text justified and have hyphenation on.

The second issue I have is with books that have a link to another page like a book with endnotes. What I dislike is that Moon+ Reader Pro (as opposed to Marvin) puts the link at the top of the page. The problem with this is that if I need to use the link in the endnote to go back to the chapter, the chapter pages get messed up because instead of taking me back to the page the way it was, it moves the sentence with the endnote up to the top of the page.

I'm guessing neither of these issues is fixable on my end but I wanted to ask just in case. They are minor issues, but I've been spoiled by Marvin which didn't have either of them.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Tortuosit
Enthusiast
Tortuosit began at the beginning.

Device: Huawei Mate 20 X
Quotation mark bothers me always, I have once reported it, I will again report it, you should do the same. to seanyword@gmail.com - he usually fixes things and listens to suggestions.
He is asian, maybe he is just not aware that such characters as "' etc have to be bound to the word.

Another bigger issue is, loading themes does not consistently load fonts, some attributes and italic variants. It does after a restart of moon+.
In otf fonts, it does not load the respective italic font at all.

"The respective italic" imo is:
Bookerly-Regular.ttf
-> Bookerly-Italic.ttf"

It seems to follow such file naming conventions.
Tortuosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #3
Tortuosit
Enthusiast

I have added a quotation character replacement file for the "replace names" function for the german language readers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt names.replacement.txt (42 Bytes, 240 views)
Old 11-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
witchkitten
Enthusiast
witchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of lightwitchkitten is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thank you for the advice. I have contacted the developer at the email address you provided to request the quotation mark error be fixed. I really like the app but it falls just short of Marvin for me because of the aforementioned issues. It’s leaps and bounds above all other ereading apps I’ve used, notably the ones that come on the most popular ereaders, Kindle, Kobo, and Nook.
witchkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
Tortuosit
Enthusiast

I also reported it today...
Advert
Old 01-17-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
Tortuosit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchkitten View Post
Thank you for the advice. I have contacted the developer at the email address you provided to request the quotation mark error be fixed. I really like the app but it falls just short of Marvin for me because of the aforementioned issues. It’s leaps and bounds above all other ereading apps I’ve used, notably the ones that come on the most popular ereaders, Kindle, Kobo, and Nook.
He has not yet solved it. He asked me for a proper bug report which I now did - it's quite clever, didn't know it - it is in the main menu ("Share") and attaches a screenshot, a config.txt and the book into a mail.

Let's hope!

I hope he finds the cause, it annoys me massively. I even started to use Librera Pro for reading. It's not as good in management, but as for reading: you can even define specific fonts for the any of the variations (regular, bold, italic, bold-italic). So I use Google Literata, but with the Bookerly italics.

Still, Moon+ is by far the best software. A bit complex, stuff is hard to find because there is so much, but it's just great.

Last edited by Tortuosit; 01-17-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2020, 01:31 AM   #7
Tortuosit
Enthusiast

There is no hope it seems. Especially in books with many paragraphs you often find lines starting with " etc.

It's the only reason, why I use a difference reader now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200410_072551_com.flyersoft.moonreaderp.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	178221   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200410_072538_com.flyersoft.moonreaderp.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	178222   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200410_072515_com.flyersoft.moonreaderp.jpg
Views:	197