Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-14-2019, 02:06 AM   #1
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Sigil creating empty guide element

I have just checked one of my recently Sigil created ebooks with the new epubcheck 4.1.1 and I get the error of incomplete guide element.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-epubcheck.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	169704

The latest InDesign (which I use to create ebooks) doesn't create guide element in my ebook but when I open the EPUB file with the latest Sigil, it creates the empty guide element.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-guide.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	169703

I checked from the OPF spec and it states
Quote:
Within the package there may be one guide element, containing one or more reference elements.
Would it be possible for Sigil to stop creating empty guide elements since it's useless and now the latest epubcheck is also complaining about it. That would save a lot of trouble.

Last edited by Chang; 02-14-2019 at 02:09 AM.
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 02:12 AM   #2
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
Here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=10
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2019, 02:27 AM   #3
Chang
Connoisseur
Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Chang is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Ah, sorry for the double post. Hope the next version of Sigil comes out fast!
Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Just for the record, guide elements are never useless under epub2. IMHO, A well designed epub2 should use the Sematic setting features of Sigil to set major structural parts of the epub that will appear in the guide. This is especially important for reading software for the visually impaired.

The "best" solution for epub2 is not to remove the empty guide but to use it to properly set the major structural parts of the epub2.

Under epub3, this information has been moved to the machine parseable nav so under epub3, a guide can be empty and if so is already removed by Sigil.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
element, epubcheck, guide, sigil