Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-27-2019, 09:03 AM   #46
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
New version of the phone!
Which one is that?

I went to their website for news, but there's not much of an overview of models.

http://global.hisense.com/categories/mobile
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:47 AM   #47
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
Which one is that?

I went to their website for news, but there's not much of an overview of models.

http://global.hisense.com/categories/mobile
My guess is that it would be the Hisense A6L.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2019/10/2...d-hd-launched/

Unfortunately, according to the article, it seems that the second screen will no longer be an eink one... disappointing. But at least that means I won't be tempted to get one. It will be the Hisense single screen A5 for me.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #48
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Alas! The dual screen thingy loses it's purpose when there's no e-ink.

I hope they'll get Google Play on these phones. I read somewhere they'd been to a stand in Germany, which would indicate they plan on a European launch.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:45 AM   #49
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Alas! The dual screen thingy loses it's purpose when there's no e-ink.

I hope they'll get Google Play on these phones. I read somewhere they'd been to a stand in Germany, which would indicate they plan on a European launch.
let me daydream the second screen to be ClearInk
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #50
norweger
Addict

The Hisense A6L has got lukewarm reviews thus far. Three of five stars, based on twenty-two user votes. But these users, have they actually got their hands on a Hisense A6L?
Advert
Old 11-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #51
norweger
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
let me daydream the second screen to be ClearInk

Addidtional display :Mono / e-INK
720 x 1440 px (5,84")
http://www.gsmchoice.co.uk/en/catalogue/hisense/a6l/
Old 12-07-2019, 11:06 AM   #52
norweger
Addict

Could the US-China Trade War be the reason we haven't seen any A6L phones on the market yet? That they want to sell the phone with Google Services but can't due to the trade ban.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #53
norweger
Addict

A spunky new Hisense A6L for sale costing $486.02
https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense-a6l.html

Is this real or a scam?
Old 12-09-2019, 08:16 AM   #54
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
A spunky new Hisense A6L for sale costing $486.02
https://www.cect-shop.com/en/hisense-a6l.html

Is this real or a scam?
I had noticed that the Hisense A6L was now available on JD.com, so I'm guessing that it is legit.

I haven't yet done business with this store, but somebody else on this forum did and was apparently satisfied with the quality of service. It is where I'm contemplating getting the Hisense A5 from when it eventually becomes available.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:13 PM   #55
norweger
Addict

Appreciated, Question Mark. I see they dropped the price on the A6L now, and got a review. Looks legit. And it looks like, and I might be wrong, that they're shipping from Germany.

Last edited by norweger; 12-26-2019 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #56
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Hisense A6 dropped the price around 40€! Now it is available for 365€. Hisense A6L is still on the 420€

For me it still needs to be reduced to around the 320€ to buy it without hesitation, but I am thinking on it...

UPDATE: Now it can be bought for 330€, shipping included. But don't forget about the custom fees.

Last edited by eReader fan; 03-29-2020 at 09:55 PM.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:54 PM   #57
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
I am willing to buy a second hand Hisense A6. If one of the owners here wants to sell it here is my post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...04#post3969804
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:09 AM   #58
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There is some talk about the Hisense 6 or 6 L supporting google play services running a russian firmware on other forums. Can anybody confirm this ? Some people are also claiming a matte EPD.
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:25 AM   #59
polemarkh
polemarkh began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ml Carta2
I have a Hisense A6, and the eink display is definitely matte. That's why I keep coming back to it even though the firmware is probably never going to be updated again so (for example) all of the useful things you can do with the eink button on the A5/A5 Pro/A5 Pro CC don't work on the A6. I think that the A6L has a glossy eink display, but I don't know as I don't have one.
polemarkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #60
14karanveer
14karanveer began at the beginning.

Device: nokia1
Thumbs up A6 is best for me

I'm super keen to get an A6, it's just no Google Play that is stopping me. Are you able to install the Yalp Store from F-Droid?

Is there any decent GPS Navigation option?
14karanveer is offline   Reply With Quote