Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #1711
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
So I didn't fill in enough! I thought it was to do different stuff according to which Kobo is connected. I obviously needed to add actual options!

Thanks for explaining. Obviously I first posted in the wrong place because I didn't realise at first it was the Kobo Utilities.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:04 AM   #1712
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I've been reading for several hours tonight, first a book I'd already started and which the "Update Reading Progress" handled perfectly, telling me I'd gone from 24% to 36%, and duly updating my synched Goodreads accordingly. Then Istarted a new book, and after reaching 59% on my H2O2, I plugged it in and Calibre started doing its thing, inlcuding the update reading progress bit. It then told me "no books have reading positions that need updating, and duly informed me that the book in question is at "-1%" - a somewhat unlikely reading position, I am inclined to think. After two unsuccessful attempts, I ran Calibre in debug mode and am attaching the log
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpllgmw2.txt (64.2 KB, 240 views)
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:43 AM   #1713
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I've been reading for several hours tonight, first a book I'd already started and which the "Update Reading Progress" handled perfectly, telling me I'd gone from 24% to 36%, and duly updating my synched Goodreads accordingly. Then Istarted a new book, and after reaching 59% on my H2O2, I plugged it in and Calibre started doing its thing, inlcuding the update reading progress bit. It then told me "no books have reading positions that need updating, and duly informed me that the book in question is at "-1%" - a somewhat unlikely reading position, I am inclined to think. After two unsuccessful attempts, I ran Calibre in debug mode and am attaching the log
I can't think of what would cause that. There aren't any clues in the logs. I think I need to look at the database. Could you take a copy of it, upload it somewhere and PM me a link to download it? And give details of the book you are having problems with.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:56 PM   #1714
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't think of what would cause that. There aren't any clues in the logs. I think I need to look at the database. Could you take a copy of it, upload it somewhere and PM me a link to download it? And give details of the book you are having problems with.
Thank you for your generous willingness to help, but when I finished the book, I plugged my H2O2 in and Calibre duly updated the reading progress to 100% and synched with GoodReads. a passing gremlin, it seems, the mischievously mysterious kind.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #1715
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you for your generous willingness to help, but when I finished the book, I plugged my H2O2 in and Calibre duly updated the reading progress to 100% and synched with GoodReads. a passing gremlin, it seems, the mischievously mysterious kind.
Someone has reported something similar before, but, it worked the next time, or they removed and added the book and it was OK. If it happens again, I'd like to see the database to see what it is.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #1716
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Someone has reported something similar before, but, it worked the next time, or they removed and added the book and it was OK. If it happens again, I'd like to see the database to see what it is.
If it recurs, I will be happy to send the database. I've read two more books since the one that had the problem, and both updated properly throughout the reading process.
Old 12-01-2019, 12:47 PM   #1717
Anfrablack
Anfrablack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Moving books?

Hi there, I'm interested in having books automatically move from my current shelves or collections into a finished shelf once they're complete, is there a way to enable that?

I added the "finished" custom column-of-columns (as outlined on page one of this thread) and when I completed a book, it did copy the book into that new collection correctly--but the book is *also* still listed in the previous collection as well. Is there any way to have the book remove itself from the initial sorted collection and *only* display in the "finished" collection once the book is at 100 percent read, to essentially move the book automatically?

Background: I just got a Kobo, and am trying to get everything as optimal and easy for my preferences as possible. I did try to search this thread, but nothing relevant showed up under any of the keywords I used. My apologies if this has already been answered.
Anfrablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:02 PM   #1718
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfrablack View Post
Hi there, I'm interested in having books automatically move from my current shelves or collections into a finished shelf once they're complete, is there a way to enable that?

I added the "finished" custom column-of-columns (as outlined on page one of this thread) and when I completed a book, it did copy the book into that new collection correctly--but the book is *also* still listed in the previous collection as well. Is there any way to have the book remove itself from the initial sorted collection and *only* display in the "finished" collection once the book is at 100 percent read, to essentially move the book automatically?
The answer is "sort of".

Firstly, the way I do this is using the Reading List plugin. I have reading list for "To Read", "Reading", "To Rate" and "Finished". Plus some others for states such as "To clean" and on for each device. There is also a column for the status. Adding a book to one of these reading lists add the status to that column, removing it from the list, removes the status. The manual part is that I need to use the "Move to" function in the Reading List plugin to move from one reading list to the other.

I have considered automating the above in the past. But, it hasn't been enough of an issue so far for me. And the overall design of something like this means that it is getting close to automating a process flow.

A way you can this is to have a column using a template based on the reading percent. If it is zero or empty, return "To Read", if it is between 0 and 100, return "Reading" and if it is 100, return "Finished". Then add that column to the collections columns in the driver. I do use something like this, but, it sets an icon in the reading percent column based on the reading percent and the status above.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #1719
Anfrablack
Anfrablack began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for this--I'm checking out Reading List now. =)
Anfrablack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #1720
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Out of idle curiosity, I just ran the "device database check" from the Kobo Utilities plugin, and got the following output:
---------------------
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

row 1 missing from index analytics_events_timestamp
row 1 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1
row 2 missing from index analytics_events_timestamp
row 2 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1
------------

Should I be worried?
Old 12-08-2019, 02:26 AM   #1721
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Out of idle curiosity, I just ran the "device database check" from the Kobo Utilities plugin, and got the following output:
---------------------
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

row 1 missing from index analytics_events_timestamp
row 1 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1
row 2 missing from index analytics_events_timestamp
row 2 missing from index sqlite_autoindex_AnalyticsEvents_1
------------

Should I be worried?
Those are errors in the indexes, which is the least worrisome place they can be. And for tables that you probably don't worry about. Doing a compress should fix these type of errors.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:33 AM   #1722
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Those are errors in the indexes, which is the least worrisome place they can be. And for tables that you probably don't worry about. Doing a compress should fix these type of errors.

Many thanks!
Old 01-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #1723
prsmith
prsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Copy Books from Kobo to Calibre

Hi,

Can I copy books to Calibre from my Kobo AURA?

Preston
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #1724
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsmith View Post
Can I copy books to Calibre from my Kobo AURA?
You can copy sideloaded books from the device. Go to the device list, select the books and right-click on them. Then choose the option top copy the books to the library.

Purchased books cannot be copied this way. Part of it is the DRM. You can use the OBOK plugin that is part of the DRM removal tools.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:51 AM   #1725
prsmith
prsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Vox
Quote:
You can copy sideloaded books from the device. Go to the device list, select the books and right-click on them. Then choose the option top copy the books to the library.

Purchased books cannot be copied this way. Part of it is the DRM. You can use the OBOK plugin that is part of the DRM removal tools.
I am not sure what you mean by copying side loaded books from the device

By using the OBOK device do you mean replacing the de-drm for calibre that I normally use when installing calibre?

Sorry I am so dense

Prestpn
prsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities