Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #91
Yidaki66
1st timer
Yidaki66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Ordered on the 29th. Says its on the van and on its way today, but have had no e-mail telling me of its dispatch only said on my orders. So they maybe behind with the paperwork and all might be shipping. Hope to us all.
Yidaki66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #92
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I know it's irrational but I feel like Amazon is ignoring me, it's quite upsetting really. My order is still sitting ignored. So far it looks like nothing ordered after the 29th is being processed
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 04:44 AM   #93
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
my 3g is out for delivery
ordered on the 29th @ 3:19pm
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:00 AM   #94
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's arrived! Now booted and charging. It came pre-registered to my account, just as it should, and it's now busily download my books from Amazon.

The screen is significantly better than the K2.

I'm surprised at how small the page turn buttons are. That's going to take a little getting used to.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It appears to have full web access, which is nice. There had been reports that this had been disabled again in later firmware versions. The web browser is much better than that of the K2, which personally I found almost unusable. Even sites with very complex layouts, such as the BBC News site, appear to work fine.
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #96
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Going by what people are saying on the kindle forum they seem to have got as far as orders placed on 30th of july in the UK.

Last edited by shanghaichica; 08-28-2010 at 06:36 AM.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #97
redpola
Junior Membuh
redpola began at the beginning.

Mine's here. First impressions:

Hold the Menu button and it goes MAD. Flash flash flash flash flash. This should never have got past QA.

The screen is wonderful. Switching it to standby / off gives me a nice picture of some birdies.

More as I think of it....

Neil.
redpola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:57 AM   #98
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
mines arrived too, screen much faster than the iliad and better contrast.
Click for an image

Last edited by deadite66; 08-28-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: image a bit large changed to a clickable link.
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #99
Yidaki66
1st timer
Yidaki66 began at the beginning.

It's here. First impressions as a e-reader newbie looks and feels sleak on charge now.
Will post more when I start using it.
Yidaki66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #100
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Going by what people are saying on the kindle forum they seem to have got as far as orders placed on 30th of july in the UK.

They haven't finished 30th July orders yet as mine is still in the 'we will advise you stage'!

I am beginning to feel forgotten....

Last edited by Josieb1; 08-28-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #101
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Ive given up all hope now.
so much for being in the release day group, will be lucky if I get it mid week now.
As for the 3rd Aug 3G one, well supposed to be by 4th Sept, but I have pretty much already given up on that hope too, can't see how they will do that if they are so far behind.

Amazon US seem to be shipping 3rd Aug orders now, while crappy Amazon UK are struggling to complete 30th July!!!
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #102
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
Amazon US seem to be shipping 3rd Aug orders now, while crappy Amazon UK are struggling to complete 30th July!!!
Not so much "crappy" as "didn't get their stock of Kindles until some time late Thursday" I very much suspect. I'm sure they're working as hard they can to get them out to people as quickly as possible.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:19 AM   #103
geemac
Enthusiast
geemac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3G, Nook Glowlight, Nook HD+,Kobo Touch,Kindle Paper
It's here

My 3G Kindle is here looks nice, very happy
geemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #104
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyd View Post
Ive given up all hope now.
so much for being in the release day group, will be lucky if I get it mid week now.
As for the 3rd Aug 3G one, well supposed to be by 4th Sept, but I have pretty much already given up on that hope too, can't see how they will do that if they are so far behind.

I read a post on the amazon UK kindle forum, someone who had ordered their kindle on the 30th of July has been advised by amazon by email that there is a delay and their kindle should be dispatched by the 4th of September!! So God know's when we will see ours

Im quite disapointed that Amazon UK dont seem to be as organised as amazon US. I was rather excited when I heard that the kindle along with it's store was being launched in the UK, but it seems that the UK are still not being given the level of service as those in the US.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:30 AM   #105
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
I read a post on the amazon UK kindle forum, someone who had ordered their kindle on the 30th of July has been advised by amazon by email that there is a delay and their kindle should be dispatched by the 4th of September!! So God know's when we will see ours
If you look back in this thread you'll see that I got an e-mail yesterday telling me that my Kindle would ship "sometime in the next 2 or 3 days". It actually shipped yesterday and arrived today. I think that Amazon are being deliberately pessimistic in their estimates.