Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Problem connecting Calibre to PRS-500

I get the following when trying to connect my Reader to Calibre 0.6.8:
Quote:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>PacketError</b>:Response packets must have their number set to 0x1000

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 235, in dispatch
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 718, in device_detected
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 168, in run_session
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 608, in card_prefix
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 168, in run_session
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 438, in path_properties
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 334, in send_validated_command
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 318, in _send_command
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/prstypes.py", line 652, in __init__
PacketError: Response packets must have their number set to 0x1000
Here is another I just got when I tried it again:
Quote:
Could not read 4096 bytes on the bulk bus. Error code: -110

File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 57, in run
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 200, in _books
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 822, in books
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 494, in get_file
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 411, in _bulk_read
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 398, in bulk_read_packet
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/libusb.py", line 251, in bulk_read
Error: Could not read 4096 bytes on the bulk bus. Error code: -110
Here's another one (it apparently continued through to where it tries to upload news items):
Quote:
Cannot create directory b:/calibre/. Response code: 0xffffffc8L

File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 57, in run
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 220, in _upload_books
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 871, in upload_books
File "/home/kovid/work/calibre/src/calibre/devices/prs500/driver.py", line 772, in mkdir
PathError: Cannot create directory b:/calibre/. Response code: 0xffffffc8L
--
I'd much rather be discussing battering ram powered fusion power reactors than this!

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-22-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: yet more errors
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
reboot your computer and your device. There have been no changes in the prs500 driver in 0.6.8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 02:06 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
This is the sort of error I get when I attach my PRS-500 if Calibre is already running.

My workaround (which normally works but sometimes needs a few attempts) is to attach the PRS-500 before starting Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote