Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
plazec
plazec doesn't litterplazec doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3, HTC Desire
Video review of Cybook Gen 3 in Czech

http://www.zive.cz/default.aspx?article=140795

Just like any other videoreview with small exception.
Around 1:20 you can see E ink display switching under microscope.
plazec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I can't tell you if I agree with what was being said but very cool seeing the magnified view of the e-ink display. High quality video as well.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
I found it interesting that there are what appear to be 'stuck' pixels (?) on the display. That can't be good!

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
DutchBoy
DutchBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Very good quality video. I think it gives a good impression with good fidelity of what the screen is really like. I also like the close-up of the screen at 5:20; it shows the screen has a bit of reflectiveness (like with a shiny plastic surface) but not much at all, more like being matte. Thanks for posting this link
DutchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote