Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #1
Rslo
Rslo began at the beginning.

Device: Rooted Nook Simple Touch
Issue with Moon+ app

Hi,

I've been lurking here for a while and this is my first post so I would like to say hello to everyone.

I have recently purchased a Nook Simple Touch and have rooted it using NookManager which was a very easy process.

My reason for wanting to root was so I could use the Moon+ reader app (others I have tried including Aldiko, Cool Reader and FBReader show '?' at the beginning and end of some sentences and paragraphs on some Epubs but Moon+ displays correctly without these issues). Even the default Nook reader app shows these '?' on some Epubs.

The only issue that I'm having with Moon+ is that it won't remember my last reading position or any bookmarks I create.

Does anyone know of a specific version of Moon+ that works correctly and doesn't have this issue?

Oh and one other thing, I use Moon+ on my phone and tablet as well, is it possible to sync the Nook Moon+ app with my phone and tablet version?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Robert.
Rslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
At a guess, could it be that the version of Moon+ required for the version of Android on the ST is so old it's buggy?

Maybe investigate what the specific issue with the '?' symbols is, in case it could be worked around by running the ePubs through a Calibre conversion, or if there are particular characters that are in the Moon+ fonts but not the other fonts?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert