Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
rasseru
rasseru began at the beginning.

Device: kindle many gens
kindle 4 (non touch) jailbreak?

ive been googling & cant find anything is it possible yet? ive just bought it for my nephew as a present and want to customize it a bit :]

model d01100

cheers!
rasseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You get points for trying, but we're gonna need the right part of the right S/N: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers ^^
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
ive been googling & cant find anything is it possible yet? ive just bought it for my nephew as a present and want to customize it a bit :]

model d01100

cheers!
Unless you have a brand new device which Amazon hasn't released officially, you're talking about a K4. The jailbreak is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191158
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Confirmed.
On the back of the case of my K4 is printed "Model No. D01100 ..."
And on the front it says: "Demo Kindle Not for Sale"
Which did not slow down the person who sold it to me at all.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
rasseru

its a black one, i read they were 5th gen? it has the faster page load speed, i noticed that straightaway.

no 'serial number' on the back or packaging, unless hiding in another state - there isnt anything with a B prefix, apart from on receipt (see below)

sorry if image is large - but my camera is rubbish.

I have a FSN on the box which starts with 902 and ends in V0..

also on receipt I have a B007hccod0 : 814916017782 ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k4b_model_no.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	373.2 KB
ID:	107654  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Page 2 : Device Info

For example:
Wi-Fi MAC Address: xxxxxx
Serial Number: B00E xxxxxxx
Network Capability: Wi-Fi

Our Kindle numbering is based on the firmware version, not on marketing terms.

The footer of the Settings page shows the firmware version and firmware build number code.

For example:
Version Kindle 4.1.1 (1813030025)
(Which is the version installed by Kubrick)

As a special case -
Once upon a time the K4 black and the K4 silver ran different firmware versions. (prior to 4.1.1 - the first to run on either)

So here you will find things for your machine listed as:
K4 (in the post prefix filters)
K4B (in old posts, before Amazon built a common firmware)
K4NT (in old posts, before the K4B)

Duh...
What was the original question?
? How to find custom things for my machine ?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
rasseru

ahh didnt realise it was in the settings, thanks - perfect answer. I have jailbroken before, but it was easier back then (i have a kindle keyboard so there wasnt many other kindles)

thankyou so much everyone for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Home -> Menu -> Settings -> Page 2 : Device Info

For example:
Wi-Fi MAC Address: xxxxxx
Serial Number: B00E xxxxxxx
Network Capability: Wi-Fi

Our Kindle numbering is based on the firmware version, not on marketing terms.

The footer of the Settings page shows the firmware version and firmware build number code.

For example:
Version Kindle 4.1.1 (1813030025)
(Which is the version installed by Kubrick)

As a special case -
Once upon a time the K4 black and the K4 silver ran different firmware versions. (prior to 4.1.1 - the first to run on either)

So here you will find things for your machine listed as:
K4 (in the post prefix filters)
K4B (in old posts, before Amazon built a common firmware)
K4NT (in old posts, before the K4B)

Duh...
What was the original question?
? How to find custom things for my machine ?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@rasseru: I moved your picture to an attachment, it was indeed breaking the forum layout a bit .
Old 07-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasseru View Post
ahh didnt realise it was in the settings, thanks - perfect answer.
Wait! Don't run off just yet.

Your receipt said: "B007 ...." - which isn't something in our index list.
What does your "settings" page show as the first 4 of the serial number?
Is that also a "B007 ...." ?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: That *might* just be the ASIN of the product page itself on Amazon.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: That *might* just be the ASIN of the product page itself on Amazon.
Exactly the point I am trying to get clarified.
(I didn't buy mine from Amazon, so I don't have an Amazon receipt.)
Old 07-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: .

On that note, I added a column with the common nicknames we use on the Forum to the S/N wiki page, that might help others .
Old 07-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #13
rasseru

Quote:

ah ive given it to the blighter last night for his birthday - I'll be seeing him soon so I will check and have a go then :]
Old 11-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #14
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
Quote:

To jump in here: Mine has serial number 9023… which is also not in your index. What now?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
To jump in here: Mine has serial number 9023… which is also not in your index. What now?
Four posts total, three with the same question, same answer:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Try scrolling down the page.