Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Moving ADE from one computer to another

I have WindowsXP and eventually I'll be switching to Windows 7. Does anyone know how to move Adobe Digital Edition from one computer to another so I don't have to register it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
You could just try moving the Digital Editions directory over to the new machine. But I do have to wonder why not registering it is an issue? If Digital Editions on the XP machine is registered, simply deregister it and register the Win7 one afterwards.

EDIT: Or if you really don't want to register DE, then simply don't register it.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have WindowsXP and eventually I'll be switching to Windows 7. Does anyone know how to move Adobe Digital Edition from one computer to another so I don't have to register it?
In theory you could re-create the collection of registry keys ADE uses to identify whether or not the system is registered and with what Adobe ID. But why not simply re-register? The number of allowed registrations is pretty high, and if you're stripping DRM then all you need the account for is an initial download. (Because you can make a DRM-free backup, you don't need to depend on being able to re-download books, so accounts can be completely throwaway.)
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote