Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #1
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Question eBook Shakespeare Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good eBook version (ePub or AZW3) for Shakespeare whether a compilation or individual plays, sonnets, etc.?

I'm not opposed to paying for a well formatted version that includes a good table of contents.

I saw this question asked a couple times on Mobileread in 2008 and 2015, so I thought I'd see if any new releases came out that folks would recommend.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I know you didn't ask for it, but if you have an Android or iOS device, "Shakespeare Pro" is an awesome app. It (of course) has the complete works, but also includes an integrated glossary, searches across the whole library, notes and highlights, study materials, chronology, statistics
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #3
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
I know you didn't ask for it, but if you have an Android or iOS device, "Shakespeare Pro" is an awesome app. It (of course) has the complete works, but also includes an integrated glossary, searches across the whole library, notes and highlights, study materials, chronology, statistics
Wow, cool app, I downloaded and am trying it out on my Android-based phone.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
Can anyone recommend a good eBook version (ePub or AZW3) for Shakespeare whether a compilation or individual plays, sonnets, etc.?

I'm not opposed to paying for a well formatted version that includes a good table of contents.

I saw this question asked a couple times on Mobileread in 2008 and 2015, so I thought I'd see if any new releases came out that folks would recommend.
You might enjoy this offering from the MobileRead Library:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=279887
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:14 AM   #5
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post

Also take a look on the edtion from Delphi Classics. Note that there is a "Parts Edition". That means that you get all his works as one file plus all items as individual files.

Last edited by svenlind; 02-16-2017 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #6
kansaskyle
Addict

@pdurant @svenlind Thanks for the resources, I'll check them out!
Old 02-16-2017, 05:14 PM   #7
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Also take a look on the edtion from Delphi Classics. Note that there is a "Parts Edition". That means that you get all his works as one file plus all items as individual files.
Just noticed that these have a half off code; see this thread.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #8
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
The best individual versions of the plays that I have found are the RSC (Royal Shakespeare Company) versions. They have very good introductory material for each play plus the best annotations I have found in a Shakespeare ebook.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote