Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
cosmicpoodle
cosmicpoodle began at the beginning.

Device: 1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
??? What screen is the "eReading. anytime. anyplace screen"?
Thank you. It's the first model. Not a touch. apparently it didn't like Mexico. As soon as I got home, it was all there, blinking at me with all my books. I have NO IDEA how to explain it!!
cosmicpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #17
cosmicpoodle
cosmicpoodle began at the beginning.

Device: 1.0
Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who responded to me!

The bad news. Nothing I did while away in Mexico worked.

The good news. Once I opened up my luggage when I got back to Toronto, there the home screen was with all my books intact. Seriously do not know how to explain that one! Maybe it just doesn't like the tropics...which means I am dumping it for an iPad.

Thank you everyone!!
cosmicpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:23 PM   #18
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Wow! Your Kobo developed some personal preferences.. LOL
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #19
iqla
iqla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Your Kobo is probably defected and you can get a refund for it - based on whether you've had your Kobo within a year.
I would recommend phoning the customer care service at Kobo.
My Kobo is frozen too, so i phoned them. They asked me a couple of questions regarding my Kobo and i tried re-setting - it didn't work and i tried everything else i could do, nothing worked and i was told to fill out a questionnaire, and once i got that, Kobo sent the place of my purchase an email saying of the problems I've been having. I am getting another Kobo in return, free of charge seeing as my Kobo was defected and is still unresponsive.
http://www.kobobooks.com/help?__utma..._utmk=54129320
iqla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #20
z4cz0r
z4cz0r began at the beginning.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I have a similar issue with my Kobo Touch.

I recently added roughly 900mb of books onto it, it has gotten to 45% on the "Processing Content" screen and has stopped there. The device will not respond to the power slide button, nor the reset switch on the back.
This was about 24 hours ago, and it is still in the same shape. Battery was fully charged when the transfer was started.

I have also sent an email to Kobo, hopefully someone can give me a positive answer.
Cheers
Zac
z4cz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried to plug it in, either to a USB charger or your computer?

Remember if it crashes you can't really tell from the eInk screen in that it will stay frozen on the last image on it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
iqla
iqla began at the beginning.

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4cz0r View Post
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I have a similar issue with my Kobo Touch.

I recently added roughly 900mb of books onto it, it has gotten to 45% on the "Processing Content" screen and has stopped there. The device will not respond to the power slide button, nor the reset switch on the back.
This was about 24 hours ago, and it is still in the same shape. Battery was fully charged when the transfer was started.

I have also sent an email to Kobo, hopefully someone can give me a positive answer.
Cheers
Zac
The exact same thing happened to me and I would call Kobo instead of emailing them, therefore you can have a quicker and more direct response. However, after 2 days, I connected my Kobo to the computer with the USB plugged in and somehow my Kobo finished "processing the new contents" and I was able to read again. I would still contact Kobo because it's very hard to now download books because it will stop at the "processing content" screen. It will eventually download the books, but you have to wait a day and then you plug your Kobo back in to your PC.

If your Kobo restores back to "Home", try the "factory reset" to completely refresh your Kobo.

Factory Reset

Note: This type of reset will erase any settings and books on your eReader. You will need to reconfigure it after the reset, and restore any books you had on it previously.

Turn on your eReader.
Press the Menu button.
Press the center of the Navigation pad.
Select Settings.
Select Advanced.
Select Reset Device Now.
Once the eReader is powered up again, set the date and time.

If this doesn't help, just wait for Kobo to get back to you.
But I hope it works!
iqla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #23
dsandrei
dsandrei doesn't litterdsandrei doesn't litterdsandrei doesn't litter

I had the same problem recently. You can read about it here but the short version is: after many attampts over usb or with a kobo wall charger I used a regular phone charger and the device came back to life.
dsandrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #24
sus
sus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Hi All
I have the first Kobo and received a 2nd Kobo touch so I gave the older Kobo to my daughter and now the older Kobo is frozen. I have tried resetting with a paper clip, charging, throwing it on the floor (lol) (not really) I have used this Kobo for 2 years and never had a problem before, I am devastated as she really enjoyed reading for about a week. The screen is frozen on powered off with lines going thru. If I try going turning it on the blue light comes on then flashes for about 15 seconds and then nothing.
Can someone please direct me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Sus
sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #25
sus
sus began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo original
Smile Please help my Kobo is frozen

Hi All
I have the first Kobo and received a 2nd Kobo touch so I gave the older Kobo to my daughter and now the older Kobo is frozen. I have tried resetting with a paper clip, charging, throwing it on the floor (lol) (not really) I have used this Kobo for 2 years and never had a problem before, I am devastated as she really enjoyed reading for about a week. The screen is frozen on powered off with lines going thru. If I try going turning it on the blue light comes on then flashes for about 15 seconds and then nothing.

Thanks Sus
sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #26
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sus View Post
The screen is frozen on powered off with lines going thru. If I try going turning it on the blue light comes on then flashes for about 15 seconds and then nothing.
I'm guessing you've tried a simple paperclip reset?

I've had that appearance before (frozen with one vertical black line, not multiple), with a dud update. I kept doing the factory reset procedure. Charge it well first, for at least an hour or more. Hold the power switch for 20-30 seconds so that you're sure it's off. Do the factory reset (hold Home down and flick power switch). If that doesn't work, try the procedure again. If that doesn't work, repeat but holding Home while doing a paperclip reset. You should eventually get the disco reset (rapid flashing lights).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
caramac
caramac began at the beginning.

Unhappy Frozen

Hi my Kobo Touch is frozen on the white screen with the moving squares, it won't switch on or off, it won't connect to the pc, I've tried using the basic reset but nothing happens, I can't do a factory reset as pressing the home button does nothing....I'm really missing my Kobo :-(
caramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #28
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramac View Post
Hi my Kobo Touch is frozen on the white screen with the moving squares, it won't switch on or off, it won't connect to the pc, I've tried using the basic reset but nothing happens, I can't do a factory reset as pressing the home button does nothing....I'm really missing my Kobo :-(
If the squares aren't actually moving, the first thing to try is plug it in for 1/2 an hour, then try holding the power button for 10 or 15 seconds to make sure it's off, then try turning it on.

If the squares are still dancing you can try holding the power button on for 10-15 seconds and that might be enough to force it to turn off. Then try HOLDING the home button down while turning the power button on until the light on top flashes red. That should put you into a factory reset even though you can't get to the menus to start one.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #29
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Post #25 might have damaged screen because of description of lines going through image on frozen screen.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #30
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
Post #25 might have damaged screen because of description of lines going through image on frozen screen.
Good point. I have seen a KT freeze with a vertical line - but "lines" could be broken glass. A photo would confirm.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote