Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
What did you spend your $10 on?

I have yet to spend my $10 store credit on anything, kind of waiting and browsing. just haven't decided which book i want to purchase or books if i get cheaper ones.

just wondering what others have used it for, maybe a good book or books i haven't heard of yet.

thanks in advance.

this book is on my shortlist but not sure if i want to dole out the $18 for it, yes $10 of it is store credit but i dunno

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-S...7fA/page1.html

more info from publishers weekly, taken off of amazon - sounds pretty interesting.
Spoiler:
Starred Review. Dewitt's bang-up second novel (after Ablutions) is a quirky and stylish revisionist western. When a frontier baron known as the Commodore orders Charlie and Eli Sisters, his hired gunslingers, to track down and kill a prospector named Herman Kermit Warm, the brothers journey from Oregon to San Francisco, and eventually to Warm's claim in the Sierra foothills, running into a witch, a bear, a dead Indian, a parlor of drunken floozies, and a gang of murderous fur trappers. Eli's deadpan narration is at times strangely funny (as when he discovers dental hygiene, thanks to a frontier dentist dispensing free samples of "tooth powder that produced a minty foam") but maintains the power to stir heartbreak, as with Eli's infatuation with a consumptive hotel bookkeeper. As more of the brothers' story is teased out, Charlie and Eli explore the human implications of many of the clichés of the old west and come off looking less and less like killers and more like traumatized young men. With nods to Charles Portis and Frank Norris, DeWitt has produced a genre-bending frontier saga that is exciting, funny, and, perhaps unexpectedly, moving. (May)

i could also get book 3 in this series, i have the first two. not read yet but it'd be nice to have them

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-S...NwQ/page1.html

edit: for those that registered their new kobo touch and got the $10 store credit that is

Last edited by siraks; 06-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Bel Canto By Ann Patchett

and part of

ZazenBy Vanessa Veselka

I had discount codes to apply as well, so I think I ended up paying $3.26 for the two of them, including tax.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #3
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
nothing i didnt get it

Last edited by wes101; 06-14-2011 at 04:23 PM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
nothing i didnt get it
hmm odd. i wonder how that worked then, after i registered my kobo touch and did the update through the new desktop app i got sent an email with the $10 coupon code.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Deceived...doesn't hurt to have some background info before the game is released
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #6
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraks View Post
hmm odd. i wonder how that worked then, after i registered my kobo touch and did the update through the new desktop app i got sent an email with the $10 coupon code.
oh it gets emailed to you. I think the account i put in isnt valid any more, will try to excess it when i get home
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I haven't used it yet, but I'm thinking of getting the Complete Writer's Guide to Heroes and Heroines: Sixteen Master Archetypes. I haven't purchased a new writing book in some time and someone I know was just talking about it today.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:06 AM   #8
remcdonald
Connoisseur
remcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeremcdonald possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kobo, Kobo Touch
I bought Sapphique the follow up book to Incarceron which was decent but nowhere near as good as the first book.
remcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:24 AM   #9
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Dead Reckoning: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris (my husband's, I don't read that kind of book)
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #10
siraks
use the force

i just finally used it, and kind of bundled another code with it.
used FirstRead which gave me 35% off and had the $10 credit and finally purchased a book that i had sitting there waiting for me to buy it for quite a while, since it's release i think.

anyway the book is

The Penalty Killing by Michael McKinley

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-P...POQ/page1.html
Old 06-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
Uncle Ned
Uncle Ned began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Did not notice coupon

Ha. I didn't even notice this. I bought a Touch last night; connected & registered it; downloaded a couple of free books and then borrowed some from the public library. Aside from installing and figuring out the adobe digital editions software, this took less than 5 minutes.

I didn't even look at the email Kobo sent after registering until just now.

Do any Cdns know if I can combine this with gift certificate $$ I have in my Chapters account? I guess I'll find out when I try to buy something for the first time.
Uncle Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #12
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
From Chapters: http://help.indigo.ca/app/answers/de...kobo/related/1

Quote:
Can I use my Indigo Gift Card/Electronic Gift Certificate/iRewards to purchase an eBook or eReader?

Customer's can now use Chapters Indio Gift Cards when placing orders for ebooks on the Kobo website. Unfortunately Chapter Indigo Electronic Gift Certicates cannot be used on the Kobo website.

You will be able to use Indigo gift cards towards your Kobo eReader purchase in store or online at chapters.indigo.ca
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #13
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
I bought Brains: A Zombie Memoir with my 10 dollars.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Have you noticed that the cost of ebooks has almost tripled? I dont understand this when you eleminate the need for rain forest support. Actually I think its greed. I seem to recall one of the reasons I wanted an ereader was to lower my cost of the paperback but now it seems at some point im paying more, and its kinda depressing.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 AM   #15
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
nothing i didnt get it
wes did you check your junk mail? Also was the reader open? if it was open it was and is possible it was purchased and returned. If it was that may be the reason you have not recieved your credit.

At any rate I would call kobo customer service. They should be able to sort it out. IF nothing more then for good customer relations.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote