Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-02-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
Lundi
Lundi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
troubles with searching

Hello everyone,

I having problems with searching in calibre. When I try to find a title for example "Spanish" than I only can find one book. He is not searching for the other books with the title beginning "Spanish" I have this for about 5 months,before I did'nt have this before. I got all the books. I use windows 8.1 and the latest. I thing this is a setting problem. But I don't know where the find it to solve this problemen.
Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
Lundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Searching works fine for me. We'll need more to go on than "it doesn't work".

Can you describe the specific steps you are doing? Search terms and all?
Before and after screenshots?

Is it possible you are seeing all books, with only the matching books highlighted -- and there is only one highlighted book in view ATM?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237884

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-03-2015 at 10:00 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Once again, eschwartz hit upon the most common issue.

I will toss in the next one: Title Sort incorrect (Red in the metadata editor)

Get the Quality check plugin and run the metadata checks related to sorts (many of the rest are recommended to aid in beating you Library into consistency )

Another possible issue: Non ASCII characters in the title word (the QC PI has a test for that one)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Lundi - are you in a Virtual Library (VL), searching works within the current VL.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Lundi - are you in a Virtual Library (VL), searching works within the current VL.

BR
Or other restriction invoked (from the VL button) from a Saved Search

If the button has a red minus next to it, Searches will be restricted to what shows in the current book list below
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, problem, search, windows 8.1