Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
Noob Kindle Question

I tried to do a search to answer this, but the only search term I could think of was "ahead" and that didn't come up with anything useful. So here goes....

If I am reading in a paper book, I can readily open the book up halfway through, or anywhere else in the book. In other words, If I'm on the title page, I can use my fingers to go to a page about 300 back in a 400 page book. Or anywhere else in the book, using my eyes to judge how far through the book I'm opening up.

Is there a similar way to go deep into a Kindle 2 book in one move?

I realize if the book has a table of contents, I can go to the table of contents and go precisely to anyplace listed in the table of contents. This is fine for what I'm wanting, but only if the book has regularly-spaced sections indexed in the TOC. And of course if I've been in the book before, and made a couple of bookmarks, I can use them to jump to specific spots.

But is there a way to jump deep into the book if it isn't pre-indexed as I've described above? Going page-by-page 200 pages into a 400 page book isn't attractive!

Thanks!
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
You can use the "Go to location" function and type in a location number and jump to that.

Click on the "Menu" button (Kindle 2) and you will see it. I've forgotten what it is on the Kindle 1, you might have to read the manual for that one.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
That works! Thanks. And it appears the last "page" (location number) in the book is listed at the lower right hand corner, which gives a gauge to estimate what number you should enter to go 3/4 of the way through the book, or whatever.

Thanks!
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote