Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2016, 05:28 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Also, *never* use /mnt/us as the source of a bind-mount. It's a fuse proxy of the real fs (which lives in /mnt/base-us), and said real FS will go down when doing USBMS anyway, so, bad, bad idea in general.

As you found out, if you need to bind-mount something, do it from /var/local .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:26 PM   #17
HoanPiTa
Enthusiast
HoanPiTa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 3
Can i use this post for my kinlde as a usb otg storage for my android

Gửi từ COL-L29 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk
HoanPiTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2020, 11:24 PM   #18
edrex
edrex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
I was able to replicate this. Thanks!

I used a USB OTG "Y" adapter instead of a hub, powering the keyboard with a separate power supply/battery to avoid extra load on the kindle battery.

Issues:

- the xorg.conf generated doesn't seem to allow hotplugging. need to look into this and try to make something generic. why should it need to be generated on each startup?
- need to package the input modules together with the xorg conf stuff

BTW, I'm planning to use this with the alpine chroot, hopefully running alpine's x or possibly wayland with a drm imx driver.
edrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:22 PM   #19
erdosain9
erdosain9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.4.2 (keyboard)
Hi. Im very interested in this.
Do you think this can work on a Kindle 3 Keyboard??? I have the Y otg cable.

Thanks.
erdosain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 06:02 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Please do not triple post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
external, input device, keyboard, otg, pw3