Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
clockmaker
clockmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Calibre with Win 8.1

I have just started using Win 8.1. In thee connect/share -- content server the connection at the other end works but the menu it gives on login is not the normal Calibre menu but a few lines which have the names of the earlier screen followed by the address of the caliber files on the server. Clicking on any of the lines gives a cherry 404 error and then goes on to the yahoo site.
I have tried it with 2 versions of Calibre, with the same results. It appears to be a problem with Win 8.1, I think.
Has anyone found this difficulty or should I be doing something, that I am not doing? The mode of use is otherwise exactly the same as was in Win 7.

If there is a solution to this please let me know. Thanks
clockmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Did you check your firewall?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2014, 01:00 AM   #3
clockmaker
clockmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Dr

Thank you for your suggestion.
Yes the firewall for Calibre is public. The output still is as below:

→ home ←

Mobile
Old
Feed
Submit
Sort by:

Choose a category to browse by:

NewestNewest
All booksAll books
Random bookRandom book
Virtual Libs.Virtual Libs.
AuthorsAuthors
LanguagesLanguages
PublisherPublisher
RatingRating
SeriesSeries
TagsTags
[F:\KB]

and clicking on these lines gives

404 Not Found

The path '/xxpils/browse' was not found.