Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #286
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
agree!!! we, the less programming gifted are doom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
PB=0, JImStar=1, OtherUsers=-infinte.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #287
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I agree completely with this quote. Jimstar will not release the Coolreader, and we respect his reasons. WE also respect the time and effort he do and demostrate that it can be done. Lets wait for someone who is willing to share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoschi View Post
Why are people here waiting and discussing with someone, who obviously has no more interest in discussing this subject?

Where I personally would never let distrust and anger make me misuse my "powers" :-) - I obviously watched too many movies about "good superheros"...

... I accept, that sometimes for some people it does not feel right to support the community with their own work (though I'd say for sure, that here the wrong people are punished and I see no good sense in keeping back some lines of unsellable code...).

So let us wait for someone who is gifted AND generous enough to share. Or maybe some finally effective developers from kiev. Or at least as soon as possible a developers kit!!

I consider this part of the thread as "closed"...
Thomas
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #288
raven2000
raven2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
If you want to know how it can display a specific type of books, then the easiest way is to attach an example and I (or someone else) will post the result.
Sure! How about this one

Not exactly what i'll be doing, but it's 95% close enough and it's copyright free

Attached Files
File Type: pdf c-programming-in-linux.pdf (4.26 MB, 284 views)
raven2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #289
Phaust
Phaust began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
If there was no conflict on the Russian forum - nothing would have happened, there would be no stimulus for porting CR. Now, JimStar behaves like a little kid, Found a new toy and ran into a nearby sandpit to tease other children. This is the most senseless thing of those that I've seen lately. Brawo, JimStar!
And I agree with you, attitude PB to its customers disgusting. Again, those who understand "кормив циган батька завтраком,поки той не здох "(Ukrainian popular proverb) Today I received a warning for it on the forum ...
But this is not a reason to behave the same way.

Last edited by Phaust; 02-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Phaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #290
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kyobo eReader, Sony PRS-950, PocketBook Pro 902, PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaust View Post
... Found a new toy ...
Not "found" but BOUGHT - my worktime is very expensive.
JimStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #291
Phaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStar View Post
Not "found" but BOUGHT - my worktime is very expensive.
Ok, bought. I was referring to the fact of demonstration CR other users.
What do you want? Why would you?
Old 02-23-2011, 12:12 PM   #292
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Ok, bought. I was referring to the fact of demonstration CR other users.
Apparently either money from PB, or boundless admiration of his exceptional abilities as a programmer, probably both
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #293
Phaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
Apparently either money from PB, or boundless admiration of his exceptional abilities as a programmer, probably both
Experts like JimStar usually do not starving.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #294
JimStar
Enthusiast
JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!JimStar rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
I do not want anything. I already have everything I need.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #295
Phaust

Quote:
I do not want anything. I already have everything I need.
So I was right about the little boy and the other sandbox? Otherwise, what are you up videos and pictures to show, it makes no sense.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #296
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
There is nothing exceptional in porting CR3. Every seasoned software developer could do that.
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #297
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The point of JimStar seems to be that there ought to be no need for people to be seasoned developers though.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #298
JimStar
Enthusiast

Quote:
... it makes no sense.
It makes sense. And this sense is perfectly described with some adequate people in some previous posts. Don't ask me to repeat it. If you can't read it - ask someone to read it for you. If you can't understand it - ask someone to understand it for you...

lunohod said exactly - "every seasoned software developer could do that". And I want that all people understand it - PB is lying to them when says that it is difficult and that it takes months or years, and PB is lying to them when says that "it is a bad ePub file" when people can't see normal formatting or even some text is lost. That all is a fault of PB developers. That all is a LOT of bugs in their firmware that PB sells without testing. And that is fault of concept of render in FBReader - it's concept is faulty, it makes no sense to try to fix it with additional code around this faulty concept - it is easier to make it "from zero" to support tables and normal formatting. Or just get an exсellent CoolReader with its academic concept of render - normal DOM model.
I'm sure that lunohod can do that porting too. But on russian forum, in response to his offer of help to PB, he got the same insults as me. I do not think that he or some else developer will do this work when the PB staff behaves such a way with "seasoned software developers".

Last edited by JimStar; 02-23-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM   #299
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
"Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own reader, with blackjack and hookers". (C)

Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #300
lalebarde
Connoisseur
lalebarde began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-950SC daily edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
In summary support is the weakest point of PB.
That's really a kicker (or a killer, as you like) !

Last edited by lalebarde; 02-24-2011 at 04:25 AM.
lalebarde is offline   Reply With Quote