Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Nomad83
Nomad83 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Lightbulb SonyStyle - Reader Market Research Survey

Did anyone else get this after ordering from the SonyStyle website? It looks like Sony is interested in how you get your books, what might entice you to spread the word and even hosting new tech demonstrations (like Nintendo did with Wii House Parties).

Sony might be thinking about rewarding you for reffering customers with ebook credit or sonystyle credits, as well as to the referred customer ($20-$35) or even a Trade-In to Charity where you'll receive credit for your old reader, which then goes to schools to pasture. They even wanted to know where you get your books (eBook store v. Gutenberg v. Mobileread!).

Also, they had an option to be contacted for hosting a tech demonstration for 15, with giveaways and demos of upcoming stuff.

Interesting directions, though its just a survey, but that Sony has been thinking of new ways to promote the reader.
Nomad83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Was MobileRead actually listed? That is so cool.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
I got this, even though I never orderd from sony style, they must have checked registered owners!
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Nomad83
Nomad83 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Yep, specifically, along the lines of

What percentage of books do you download from third-party websites (i.e. Mobileread.com)

I dont use this source
0-30%
31-69%
70-99%
This is my only source

They had similar questions for Ebookstore, Fictionwise, eHarlequin, ProjectGutenberg and file sharing.
Nomad83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
edit: Never mind I misread
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Yes, I got it --- about forty questions, pretty painless. Seems like Sony is beginning to take notice of their Reader!
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
M0zza
Geek... Apparently
M0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensionsM0zza can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Silver), ASUS Transformer TF300T, IPAD Air 2
Was this a dead tree survey through the post or an email? If an email maybe it would be worth posting on here. I'm not interested in prizes and such like I just think we need to get Sony to know our thoughts, dreams, aspirations...
M0zza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:41 PM   #8
jakewastaken
Media Whore.
jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jakewastaken has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
*performs necromancy*

Does anyone know if they have published or plan to publish the results of this survey? I'd love to see it.
jakewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
market, reader, sony, survey