Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Problem With 5.6.5 Jailbreak

I am a bit confused here?

I am doing everything I am supposed to (I think?). But then when I tap on stage 2 it gives me the Application Error. (The selected application could not be started. Please try again.)

I even did a factory reset to see if that would help? ACK! What the heck am I doing wrong? It must be me because others have had success?
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Factory reset? Seriously bad idea.

The experts are going to need to know what device you have, and if it is still on 5.6.5.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2016, 07:41 PM   #3
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Factory reset? Seriously bad idea.

The experts are going to need to know what device you have, and if it is still on 5.6.5.
ACK! Yew are right! The device is a Paperwhite 3 and yes the firmware is 5.6.5
Old 04-22-2016, 08:21 PM   #4
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
ACK! Yew are right! The device is a Paperwhite 3 and yes the firmware is 5.6.5
Smokin' rockets! I got it going. Had to copy the jb FILE to root. But I can see by other posts that is not so clear? Yay, ME!
Old 04-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
So it is all working, now? Good, and make sure you don't factory reset any more.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Moderator Notice

Moved to the Developer's Corner subforum, where questions about jailbreaking belong.

We don't always notice posts in the general-purpose (non-dev) main Kindle forum. And if we do, there is likely to be a delay.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
So it is all working, now? Good, and make sure you don't factory reset any more.
Nice job.
You want a job on the "help desk" ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote