Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Open images for editing

Hello!
This is in the line of a 'feature request'. Sigil has a very useful feature to open images externally for editing. My trouble is that I am usually sending pictures to any of three different programs:
- Irfanview, for batch resizing/converting to greyscale most illustrations in the epub
- Gimp, to fine-touch a particular illustration
- Inkscape to modify a SVG illustration (changing colors/mispelled text can be done easily from Sigil, but try to modify a path!)
Of course, one can
- click `Open with -> Some other apllication...´--and change back on next use
or
- open always with Irfanview, which lets one choose between THREE different predefined editors to send to...
And why doesn't Sigil? It would hardly be a mayor change, please?
Thanks!
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Create simple plugins dedicated to each image editor program. Or just one image editing plugin that will allow you to choose which image editor to launch. There are many examples of edit plugins that launch third party software to operate on book files.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:16 AM   #3
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
I use Irfanview mostly, but if I want to do something that needs Photoshop I just type "E" in Irfanview to open it. It's just one more keystroke.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:58 PM   #4
Vroni
Banned
Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Vroni knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Tolino/PRS 650/Tablet
XNView can be configured to act in the same way.

But to be honest, since i have a SSD and Affinity Photo i'm not using XNView any more for tasks like this. I open everything in AP now.
Vroni is offline   Reply With Quote