Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 02-08-2021, 10:42 PM   #1
dejavudwh
dejavudwh began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Post Questions about setting up the Calibre development environment

I am a loyal user of Calibre. In order to modify the directory name and file name of the added book output, I have successfully implemented it on my windows, but I am a little curious about this construction method, because it is not the same as the way I met before same.

1. How does it work? Why do I need to install calibre first and then set environment variables for the src directory of the source code?

2. What is the relationship between the source code and the installation directory? Is it to determine the compiled directory based on environment variables through the commands in the installation directory? So are some files in the installation directory no longer necessary?

3. What are the benefits of this design?

Thank you very much for your answers. I will continue to promote Calibre by my side. Thank you very much for such excellent software.
dejavudwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The development environment allows you to modify all the python parts fo calibre. Without it you would need to build calibre and all its dependencies (about 70 of them).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert