Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #1
tcisme0
tcisme0 began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Exclamation Question About New Install---Opens up in Russian?

So I'm not a first time user, I've installed calibre before on my Mac and windows and actually just did so a couple months ago. However, I recently did a clean install/upgrade on my machine and after I importing my old documents and installing my purchased software today I downloaded a fresh disk image directly from calibre's link, added it to my applications folder, and opened the application but to my surprise it opened up in Russian which is strange because every other time I've installed it its opened and been in English.

I'm not in Russia nor do I think I have anything on my computer that would make calibre think I'm Russian, but this is my concern that something on my computer may have been added (like malware) or was transferred from my old back up. Or maybe somethings up with the site,idk. Any ideas why this might be?! Thanks in advance for your input
tcisme0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre queries the OS for the users UI langauge and uses that. The details of how this querying work differ from OS to OS. But you can always override it by going either setting the environment variable CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_LANG=en or going to Preferences->Look & feel (the first item in preferences) and changing the language to whatever you need (the thirs item in that section).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, russian