Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 06:12 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Duct tape can ripe the paint off of walls, the coating off of sheet rock, etc. It’s meant for use on ductwork, and other needs where you require long lasting hold not affected by heat or cold fluctuations.

Duck is a brand name, Duck Brand Duct Tape. You can get many varieties of duct tape, and many colors now also. It’s used for crafts, decor, you name it. I’ve seen purses made out of it at craft shows.
It can also be a "temporary" fix for a piece of paneling that was loose. Where the paneling was, I got a draft in the winter so I used duct tape (not sure the brand) to seal it until I found the paneling nails. Note: I have now put a desk then a filing cabinet (after we moved the evaporative cooler) in front of said paneling. 15 years later "temporary" fix still holding.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #32
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, looks like the same stuff. I'd be wary of using it myself, because of the difficulty of removing it.
Duct tape is good for almost anything except taping ducts.

http://www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles...tape-HVAC.html
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #33
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystika1 View Post
I made a strap for my voyage out of a hair ponytail band and two cheap picture hanging brackets. Less than $1. Just hooked the two brackets onto the ponytail band and hooked it on my voyage.(you can put something soft between the bracket and the ereader) I have a supcase(gel like skin)on the voyage and was able to hook it. The pictures show it better than I can explain it, but it may help you guys who are waiting on your covers to arrive.

HTH,

Penny
Those little picture hangers have sharp edges. No way I would use them on the edges of any of my devices.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:47 PM   #34
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Those little picture hangers have sharp edges. No way I would use them on the edges of any of my devices.
You could wrap the brackets. Even good electrical tape or medical bandage tape would work as a cushion.

Last edited by mystika1; 11-04-2017 at 06:53 PM.
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #35
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Duct tape is good for almost anything except taping ducts.

http://www2.lbl.gov/Science-Articles...tape-HVAC.html
My dad was in HVAC, I can't say I ever saw him use duct tape on ducts.
Come to think of it, I don't recall seeing it in either of my uncles' shops either.
One was in HVAC and the other was just in sheet metal.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote