Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Even better in audio

I like both to read and to listen (these terms are now so loaded, I don't know how to phrase this without offending someone! ). With a lot of books, I'm agnostic between methods. Price or library availability is probably as important a factor as any, although very dense history is probably best consumed in print. However, equally there are certain types of books and series where my preferred method of consumption is audio and I won't read them if I can help it.

Audio standouts for me include Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin books, Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe novels, P.G. Wodehouse, and Victorian novels in general. This last I'll read, also, but I've been listening to a lot of them this year and it's been sheer pleasure. I admit that I'll also read Wodehouse if the narrator isn't one of my preferred ones, but I'd much rather settle in with Freddie Davidson as he reads him to me (or Simon Vance).

So, what are your "even better in audio" books?
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I can't really think of any books where I wouldn't read them if I can help it. I will say that I tend to listen to the Harry Potter books rather than read them. I really like Jim Dale's performance. Same with the Abhorsen series. Tim Curry's performance is such a pleasure to listen to that I find myself mostly listening rather than reading.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert