Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2019, 11:07 AM   #2731
aradhya214
aradhya214 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW1
I've been following the same exact steps. However, for the sake of completeness I re-downloaded the firmware update file from Amazon, kept it in root folder. I also don't have the update your Kindle greyed out. I'm able to select it and get a message of your software will update. However, when I press OK, the kindle just boots up/restarts. I don't see any updating Kindle screen.

Also for the past few days my Kindle randomly restarts
aradhya214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #2732
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
That might be hint of failing internal storage, but it's usually a tiny bit more obvious...

If your device is still on a JB-friendly FW, you *could* try a factory reset, but it might not change anything.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #2733
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Has that Kindle's case ever been opened?
That description sounds like a loose battery or other cable connection.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #2734
aradhya214
aradhya214 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite PW1
Have never opened the kindle case. Not reached that level. ��

However, it has dropped a few times. Will try factory resetting and redo the steps. Btw, I'm on FW 5.3.3
aradhya214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:36 AM   #2735
knc1
99.44/100% On Holiday
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by aradhya214 View Post
Have never opened the kindle case. Not reached that level. ��

However, it has dropped a few times. Will try factory resetting and redo the steps. Btw, I'm on FW 5.3.3
Most likely, it has knocked something loose.
Just put it back together.

Check our "Master Index" for teardown(s), it is rather straight forward.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch