Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #3841
Pjama
Addict
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Basic 2019, Gold Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7
I just set up the COVER screensaver hack successfully! It took me a few tries, and I think it would be a good idea to clarify that the 'blank file' named 'cover' should be created by copying the 'DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR' file and renaming it 'cover' then moving it to the linkss folder.

This is because I didn't understand that a 'blank file' meant a 'blank executable file' and I tried and failed many times with a blank txt file.

And when I look back over the years that I have tried various hacks on my previous kindles, I do remember never getting this to work, and that is why! So, maybe spell this out in the first post?

Anyway, I'm very pleased with it, so thanks very much!

Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:19 PM   #3842
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@Pjama: The whole shebang kinda got "fixed" by just recommending doing that via KUAL, because then it's just "click a button", and it does the right thing .

Otherwise, the exact instructions would heavily depend on the OS, the file manager, and how it's setup, which can quickly get hairy .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:27 PM   #3843
Pjama
Addict
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Basic 2019, Gold Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Pjama: The whole shebang kinda got "fixed" by just recommending doing that via KUAL, because then it's just "click a button", and it does the right thing .

Otherwise, the exact instructions would heavily depend on the OS, the file manager, and how it's setup, which can quickly get hairy .
Oh, I see, I’m doing it freestyle, without KUAL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16EAD564-AFAD-4B45-A338-553E76142A38.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	170468  
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet