Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
frankrec
frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.frankrec is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Anyone know of a good remote page turner

I have a new kobo forma that I love, but because my hands shake I wish I could find a page turner. Then I could set my reader in a stand and just click away. Anyone know of something that can do this?
Thank you
frankrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I don't know of any way to do it on a kobo. It can be done on an android ereader like an Onyx.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stylus-Pe...10070301008005

https://www.amazon.com/Extra-Long-Thin-Tip-Precision-Stylus/dp/B00EOHTPMO/ref=asc_df_B00EOHTPMO/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adpositio n}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt= e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocph y=&hvtargid=pla-4584413735750796&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	170141e5397740b95525a618dec4b418--stylus-griffins.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	171951  

Last edited by Barbara1955; 06-16-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:19 PM   #4
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
There is such device in Korea (this text is in Polish, please do use translator to read if needed): http://cyfranek.booklikes.com/post/1...o-zmiany-stron. But it's not for Kobo.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PC Nor Phone will translate that. Can you give Highlights?
IF its a Bluetooth remote is MAY work with Kindle.... Anyone know? IF yes what does this cost in US Dollars?
Old 06-18-2019, 03:21 AM   #6
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
It's remote control which work with Crema - Korean e-readers. Latest one - Crema Soundup is described. It looks nice, works fine, but unfortunately I'm not sure if user can switch into English and use side-loaded EPUBs with this remote control. Take a look here: https://youtu.be/9jpOI7Vqu5w

Last edited by Cyfranek; 06-18-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I cant see how that would work with the Clara since it has No BluTooth. But Possible it Will work with the Kindle PW4 since it Does have BluTooth.

Cool device.. Price in US$
Old 06-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
BT on the PW4 is only for Audible or Voice interface? Different protocol.
Or else people would be able to use a BT keyboard.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

OKKKK good to know But still will not work with the Clara....
Old 06-28-2019, 01:11 PM   #10
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Seems like it'd be a fairly simple project for someone looking to play with an Arduino, Raspberry Pie, or just a simple low cost single chip AVR or PIC processor coupled to a servo and stylus mounted on a simple arm or just a servo horn. Extra points for USB \battery powered, a clip that fastens the whole thing to the back or base of a reader and a nicely debounced pushbutton on the box or on a remote shutter release cable.(electronic versions can be found cheap on ebay and the like -think I paid about $3 for my Olympus.)
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:14 AM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Seems like it'd be a fairly simple project for someone looking to play with an Arduino, Raspberry Pie, or just a simple low cost single chip AVR or PIC processor coupled to a servo and stylus mounted on a simple arm or just a servo horn. Extra points for USB \battery powered, a clip that fastens the whole thing to the back or base of a reader and a nicely debounced pushbutton on the box or on a remote shutter release cable.(electronic versions can be found cheap on ebay and the like -think I paid about $3 for my Olympus.)
I tried it with a Raspberry Pi, servo, and remote. The conclusion I came to was that the touch screen had some problems. I could get the servo to tap my Glo screen consistently, but every once in a while, the Glo didn't respond.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #12
wesley6j
wesley6j doesn't litterwesley6j doesn't litter

Device: Kobo H2O
What about a computer as page turner? Of course, you can put the computer aside and use a bluetooth keyboard after everything is ready.
For this to work, however, you will need to install koreader on your device, enable ssh access and install this little program:
https://github.com/wesley6j/kobo_uti...aster/pageturn
wesley6j is offline   Reply With Quote