Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2023, 04:00 AM   #61
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Reddit got_my_kobo_elipsa_2e_today

Reddit elipsa_2e_demo_unit_available_here_now_hong_kong/

Last edited by UCCU666; 04-21-2023 at 03:15 AM.
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:26 AM   #62
UCCU666
Enthusiast
UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.UCCU666 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma/Elipsa/Clara 2E/Libra 2, mooInk Plus 2, Pubook Pro 10.3
Battle of The Kobos | Elipsa 1 vs Elipsa 2 Differences
UCCU666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2023, 11:34 AM   #63
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am tempted to get one even tho i bought the first gen earlier this month lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 12:10 PM   #64
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCCU666 View Post
Viewer warning: this is from badereader.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 12:56 PM   #65
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCCU666 View Post
Badereader video but there were some things I saw in here that were interesting.

I saw noticeable improvement in the advanced notebook latency for the 2e unit. I know some folks in this board say it works fine, but it’s borderline unusable due to latency, especially as the notebook fills up. Despite trying to use the advanced notebook, I always have to create a basic one because of this.

Small improvement in pageturns and general loading here and there in the UI. It’s not a huge leap but IMHO doesn’t need to be. I find things to be an OK speed on my Elipsa 1 unit.

Nice to see the light options also show up in the notebook. Badereader should know the slide vertically on the side of the screen shortcut works in notebooks to change brightness.

One thing that I’m curious about is how the sleepcover affects of the device can sit flat. It hooks on one side and appears to have a noticeable “ledge” and I’m wondering if it doesn’t allow the unit to sit flat on a desk.

New pen seems eh? I do like how it’s of longer length now. I’d also echo a lot of what others have mentioned that you can use third-party styluses for other options.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2023, 01:16 PM   #66
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
There is no latency issue on Elipsa or Sage unless you are using one poor FW.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 03:07 PM   #67
texnology84
texnology84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Nova 3, iPad Mini 6
Another short unboxing in case it is helpful for anyone. He opens it about 3:54 or so after some setup time. After the Kobo he talks about other random products.

Last edited by texnology84; 04-22-2023 at 03:12 PM. Reason: YT code added to embed
texnology84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 03:46 PM   #68
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is it true that the 2E has a dual-core CPU, instead of the quad-core CPU of the Elipsa 1? I wonder how that will impact performance and battery life.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:07 PM   #69
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
Just got it. Compared to my older Elipsa, the 2E has significantly clearer text -- there is a huge difference. This seems the most significant improvement along with the ability to change the color of the screen to more yellow. The pencil is nice also.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:21 PM   #70
christianbk
Connoisseur
christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.christianbk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: At least one of each brand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I know you’re a huge fan of both the Elipsa and Sage. I also own both units. They both exhibit latency issues as well as refresh bugs that my reMarkable has never done a single time (and I know of your preference, which is the opposite of mine). Both devices are fully up-to-date, as I update whenever new firmware is pushed out.
christianbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:12 PM   #71
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Is it true that the 2E has a dual-core CPU, instead of the quad-core CPU of the Elipsa 1? I wonder how that will impact performance and battery life.
Nothing on the Sage/Elipsa made effective use of the "extra" extra cores (most of the time, Nickel runs with only one core online); so it's a win-win situation, *especially* if we go by the behavior of the eerily-similar SoC found on the PW5 & Scribe (which positively *trounces* that sunxi part by every metric you can throw at it).

(The four cores bit is basically a crutch because of how terribly the pen mode is implemented on the sunxi display driver; only the Notepad ever onlined three cores, and the aforementioned driver behavior means one of those is pegged at 100% in pen mode. TL;DR => two effective cores with a sane display driver).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 04-22-2023 at 11:42 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #72
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I was kind of hoping that would be the case. I always wondered what the Sage/Elipsa could possibly need four cores for; one for Nickel (the same as the Clara/Libra that only have one core) and one for the handwriting stuff seemed like it would have made more sense.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:39 PM   #73
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo Elipsa 2E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

Maybe for you, but I’ve gone through two Elipsa’s and as an advanced notebook gets longer, the GUI slows down, you start writing faster than it can render, gray echos of what you are writing appear on the right, and selecting text for editing becomes near impossible. This is why I started to break my journals up, and also why I have been desperately in need of folders to bundle them all together. This was under the latest FW at all times. I’m looking forward to testing out journal latency with a particularly long adv notebook with the latest FW. I don’t have the beefier CPU of the 2E, but maybe something has been improved.

That you didn’t encounter this on your Elipsa makes me jealous, but I know from other statements that you’ve made about your workflow, you tend to use your Sage more for creation. I don’t own a Sage, so I haven’t been able to compare them.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 03:38 AM   #74
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I have a sage and was considering buying the elipsa2e. I study Japanese and have scanned exercises books to have them with me to practice when I have a bit of time (in the commutes, at lunch break at work, etc). Writing the Kanji on my self made pdf is a pain in the a... You would think I suffer from neurologic disease. I used Xournal on my laptop with an Xp-pen tablet for the same use and it's a total game changer. So my question is for those who have get one : is writing on pdf with this new device smoother than with the previous one? No way to find one in mortar and brick store in France : you can only order one, without seeing. At about 400€ per piece, it's gambling!

Last edited by vice-versa; 04-23-2023 at 06:48 AM. Reason: misspelling
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 05:08 AM   #75
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The Sage is better for writing on (Advanced Notes or PDF scribbling) than the original Elipsa (or reMarkable).

I can't imagine the Elipsa 2 is better than the Sage, just bigger.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote