Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Pocket/epub font size ricochet

Hi all,

There's a big difference in font size between Pocket articles and (at least) sideloaded epubs on my H2O. (It didn't seem to occur when I recently borrowed a Glo for a few weeks.)

Generally, Pocket articles are displayed in a tiny font, especially after I sync. When I adjust them to a comfortable size, the font size in sideloaded epubs is suddenly huge. Back and forth...

I looked at my main Kobo config file, searching for "pocket" and "font", but didn't see anything relevant, such as a Pocket-only font size. There only seems to be one font size setting in the entire file, which would of course partially explain what's going on.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround to harmonize font sizes between epubs and Pocket articles? Thanks.

Looking forward to some bright ideas here. Kobo should be subsidizing this forum as front-line tech support.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
Does anyone have a solution or workaround to harmonize font sizes between epubs and Pocket articles? Thanks.
Kobo ereaders have two different renderers: one for epubs and one for kepubs, and each appears to be calibrated differently to the font-size control (at least on my device). However, the kepub renderer is also used for Pocket articles, so if you load only kepubs (as I do) you'll have a more consistent reading experience between your ebooks and Pocket articles.
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The only thing I can think of is to set the font used for each book. When you change the font settings while reading, they are stored for the book and the config file is updated. If you close and reopen the book, it's stored settings are used. If you open a new book, the settings from the config file will be used.

My Kobo Utilities plugin for calibre has a method to take advantage of this. You can use it to set the font settings for the books on the device. So, you could set all books to have the same settings and then let the Pocket articles use what is in the config file. Not ideal, but it should get close to what you want.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 AM   #4
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

jandrew, I buy very few kepubs, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks, davidfor. I'll look into tweaking the font settings with Kobo Utilities.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:14 AM   #5
jandrew
Zealot
jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jandrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: aura hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwhe View Post
jandrew, I buy very few kepubs, but I'll keep it in mind.
A good number of the kepubs on my device got there via the Kepub Output plugin for Calibre.
jandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2015, 01:30 AM   #6
rwhe
Hierodule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrew View Post
A good number of the kepubs on my device got there via the Kepub Output plugin for Calibre.
I thought that might be the case, but I've gotten into trouble with it before (technical issues, I mean). Thus, I prefer not to use it.

Tags
epub, font, h2o, pocket, size