Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Can't get the new Calibre 8.11 to work right

I am not having a good day with Calibre. I converted some files to mobipocket and wanted to save them to a single directory rather than in separate folders but when I go to save them the save mobi to a single folder isn't there, just epub to a single folder which isn't what I need since I have a Kindle and they can't read epubs. I can't figure out why the program can't see that I have mobi books that I want to save. If I click to save only epubs to the folder all I end up with is an empty folder.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
Under Preferences -> Behaviour
select mobi as your preferred output format and then restart. The drop down list should change to save mobi instead of epub.
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Or if you are using "Save to Disk" you need to edit the "File formats to save:" field in Preferences>Save books to Disk.

With either, you must have a MOBI version in the library, of course.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote